Configuring F3-12800CL8D-4GBECO on GA-P55A-UD3P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configuring F3-12800CL8D-4GBECO on GA-P55A-UD3P

What is the "correct" way to configure F3-12800CL8D-4GBECO on my GA-P55A-UD3P? [cpu is i7 860 and I've flashed to F7]

I want to modestly overclock, so I have BCLK=160 and memory multiplier set to 10x. I enable the XMP memory profile, but to be safe, I set all the timing parameters manually.

The XMP profile has DRAM voltage set to 1.35, but if I leave the DRAM voltage BIOS control to "normal", I see it set to 1.5V. Setting it to "auto" or 1.4V gives me 1.4V (ET6 reports 1.44V). ET6 reports 1.328V when set to 1.3V. There is no setting between 1.3 and 1.4 (but you knew that).

Running memtest86 (v4.00) fails with 1.3V but succeeds with 1.4V.

I'm okay with 1.44V, but I would be even better with 1.35V.

I see that my motherboard is on the "approved" list. Is this the recommended procedure for setting the timings? And is this the best I can do on voltage?

BTW, I'm pleased that G.Skill offers the low-voltage option with minimal performance penalty and at a reasonable price.

Thanks.

There is actual no performance penalty at all. They are actually better than most of the gaming modules.

For the voltage, you will need to set it at 1.40V. What you can do is overclock the modules so that they are fully taking advantage of the additional power.

The timings are 8-8-8-21, so simply set that is BIOS and everything should run just fine.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

8-8-8-21? Your specs say 8-8-8-24. Is that because of the additional voltage? What is the compete set of recommended timing settings?

Thanks.

Comment

8-8-8-24 is correct then, mistakened, sorry. With those timings set, the others can remain AUTO.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
        X