Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL Incompatibility with Asus P7P55D Deluxe -- NO POST

Hello,

I have 4 sticks of Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL and tried to install them into Asus P7P55D Deluxe.

However, the motherboard will NOT POST. I tried one stick in each slot for all 4 sticks. The motherboard will still not post. I even tried various combination of 2 sticks in the slots. Still no post.

I also tried pushing the MEMOK button, let it run, and reboot. However, after its designated cycles, the DDR LED is a solid red. Still no post.

I also tried clearing the CMOS, but still no post.

Now, I know that the ripjaws are not included in the the Asus Qualified Vendors List. But the motherboard is included in G. Skills qualified motherboard list on G. Skills website.

Is this a question of compatibility with the motherboard?

Or are all four sticks of ram DOA?

Unfortunately, I do not have another type of DDR3 memory to test to see if the motherboard is at fault.

Please help.

Thanks
    Last edited by vagrantmoon; 03-01-2010, 06:53 PM. Reason: Just RMA the motherboard and ram. Waiting if the new components will post!!

Exchange the motherboard, sounds like it is defective.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

yeah, RMA both the motherboard and ram.

Now waiting for the new sets to come back.

Comment

Same board and ram and had initially the same issue. Read some reports on other sites about the ram sticks having to be pushed down harder than what you are usually comfortable with and SNAP! they went in place fully.
        Wish I had told you this earlier since I had the exact same symptoms, and the force required for them to go in fully is really discomforting so you might have had the same problem. The sides that are clipped down by the single tab weren't the issue, but the other side needed a freaking good push.
        Last edited by Pickle; 03-04-2010, 05:42 PM.

Comment

yeah, i had read about the same issues on other forums, and wished that was my problem. but i gave up after multiple trying of different sticks in different slots.

Now is hoping that the mobo and ram coming back will have no issues!!!

Comment

ok. Received replacement products. Assembled everything and it all works fine. YAY.

Comment

Glad to hear. Enjoy!

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
              X