Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asus P5Q3 Deluxe with F3-12800CL8D-4GBTD (Trident series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus P5Q3 Deluxe with F3-12800CL8D-4GBTD (Trident series)

Motherboard: P5Q3 Deluxe wifi ap @N
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q4200
    Memories: F3-12800CL8D-4GBTD (Trident series)

Hi there, I -ve got the above RAM in my system, and I ve not been able to make it work property for a week. I have installed win7 32bit and for some little time it worked but after a while some Blue Screen errors stared to appear and they made reference to Memory problems. Ive not idea about OC, so the BIOS still has the default configuration. What I ve already done is to update the BIOS to its last version.

I have multiple Memory Management errors, Page Fault in Non-Paged Area, a couple NTFS File System, and one Cache Manager. The Caused By Driver field alternates between NTOSKRNL.exe and NTFS.sys with the majority of BSOD's were from Memory Management.
    I cant make my pc boots right now, the last BS message error was the c000021a and as its a "fatal error" I cant even log in win7. I really need help it s really anoying.

I read a little and after a while I tried to enabling the XMP Profile and nothing more, but after reboot the system did not boot because it says there was a OC error. I tried using one slot, also two, changing memories of place, and nothing. So I tried contacting Asus support about it, but as usual their CSR's seem mildly retarded and unhelpful so Ive fallen here looking for a solution.

My mother memories support list does not mention this memory in it and I bought the memories package before had reading it. They recommend yours F3-10666CL9D-4GBPK, but I would prefer not to buy new ones because I cant stand why trident doesn t work if my mother supports 1600Mhz memories even up to 2000OC. :S
    According to your main page this trident Ram I got it is supported by only X48 and P55 chipsets, and what Ive got is a P45 chipset. Could the problem be there? But then my logical question is why it worked during some time? It had must not worked by the first time, I think.

So I dont want to extend it more, I just wanna know if you can tell me a how to solve this problem, or maybe a good Bios Configuration (or to change the memory in the worst) . I need it really detailed couse I dont have much idea about BIOS settings.
    http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_I...WLw&templete=2
    (this is the mother specification by asus)

Thank you very much for any help you can provide me.

- David (BsAs, Argentina)

Do you mean the Q8200?

That has a CPU FSB of 1333, so instead of default CPU Host Clock of 333, you will need to set that to 400.

Then simpy set the memory settings, DDR3-1600, tCL 9 - tRCD 9 - tRP 9 - tRAS 24 - Command Rate 2, DRAM Voltage 1.60V. Once that is complete, everything should run fine.

Also, make sure you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

My mistake, I have a Core 2 Quad Q9400, should I change anything in the configuracion below?

Could it be that my mother's chipset does not support this memory? Because as I told it before, in your web page in the memory description it says something about support P55 and X38, and I got a P45.

Thank you

Comment

No, it is compatible, you simply have to use the settings I typed above. =)

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Well I did what you suggest me, but It didn't run.
          I set up all the values except for the CPU Host Clock one that I couldn't find it, there was one called FSB Frequency set in 400Mhz, are the same? and the other value I cant find was the Command rate.

I looked the memory package and my F3-12800CL8D has CL8-8-8-21 numbers and you told me to set it up in 9-9-9-24, why that difference?

Any change I do after reboot It is showed a message "Overclocking failed!" and I can only re set it or load from default.

Comment

FSB Frequency is the same, so you did the right thing making that change. Command Rate is fine as the motherboard should detect on it's own.

The timings should be 8-8-8-21, I mistakenly typed 9's instead.

Send me screen shots of the BIOS so I can see if you may have anything set incorrectly.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
            X