Asus motherboards + G.Skill memory: Cold boot issues and possible workaround

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep, np ...

Thanks for saying so but, yeah, I emailed them right away; but I know it's the holidays.

Just one of those things.

Comment

• Have you tried them? Might as well.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

• Nope, can't

I don't have a machine that takes DDR3; and the computer these would have belonged in is two hours away. (And running fine with 2x4GB Kingstons.) I don't think there would ever come a point in time when I would care whether the sticks I just received work, or not.

Comment

• Oh well, was just a thought.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

• In the interests of completeness ...

... I did, on the second try, get what Support had agreed to as replacement (after a bit of a wrangle with RMA, which initially said they'd only replace with the same product as returned.

Done. I'm sure I'll never let a machine leave my place again with a cold boot problem.

Comment

• Don't blame you, I know having far flung clients can be a real pain....it's always best to be positive before it heads out the door

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X