No announcement yet.

Asus motherboards + G.Skill memory: Cold boot issues and possible workaround

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cold boot issue also occurs on the Gigabyte X58A-UD3R motherboard. I have no idea what to do. I've checked bent cpu pins, re-seated the memory modules. played with bios settings. I give up. What is going on?

Comment

Rocket999,

Send the memory in for new replacements, that should solve the problem.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
        Rocket999,

Send the memory in for new replacements, that should solve the problem.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH
        I sent mine in today, Do I need to provide you guys with the tracking number?

Comment

I tried the suggested changes which fixed the cold boot issue the first time but the issue did appeared again the next day in 2 out of the 4 memory modules (did a memtest+ and it right away showed me hundreds of errors). If I RMA those two is there a way I can warranty that the new ones will work correctly like the other 2?

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
          sjuarez,

They are compatible, you simply have to enable the XMP Profile under "AI Overclock Tuner". We work closely with ASUS, so essentially all DDR3 modules will work with the XMP Profile.

In addition, if you are looking to use 4 modules, we recommend purchasing a 4 module tested kit, otherwise two different kits may not operate properly together. Should this happen, an RMA would generally solve the problem.

DyJoh and sjuarez,

Both of you are running 8GB, so you need to understand that it is not guaranteed to work, but we can always try. When running four modules, you will also need to increase the memory controller voltage as it can be overloaded with full slots. For the ASUS motherboard, it is known as IMC Voltage. On the Gigabyte motherboard, it is known as NB Voltage. Simply raise these values by +0.2V and it should provide much more stability.

If it is indeed a cold boot issue, simply send them in for new replacements and the new sets should work fine.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

xPreatorianx,

No, unless we do not receive it for whatever reason. Otherwise, once we receive it we will process it immediately to return back to you.

sjuarez,

You can request to have them tested before shipping. This should eliminate any possible issues.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Cold Boot Issue

Hello,

i have the Cold Bood Issue, too.

Here my System:

CPU: Intel Core i7-920
              Mainboard: ASUS P6X58D Premium BIOS 0703
              RAM: F3-10666CL9T-6GBNQ
              Video: Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X 1GB
              HDD: WD3299JS, WD4000KS

I selected the RAM over QVL from ASUS Website in hope to have no issues. But i think i was wrong.

So what says G.Skill to this?

THX

Comment

Please send the memory in for new replacements and the new set should work better.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi g.skill,

do i have to send the RAM to G.Skill or where i bought the RAM?

Thanks for reply.

Comment

Same issues here...

I bought my new config a month ago

M4A785TD-V EVO
                    AMD Phenom II 965 (be)
                    G.Skill f3-12800CL9D-GBRL
                    Samsung Spinpoint F3 1T
                    Vista ultimate x64
                    Cooler master 750silent pro P/S

And no trouble at first start and first Windows install, my config run for a month without cold boot (yeah i know.. I have no life -_-) But at the first one.. Guess what happened.

Multiple BSODs, CRC errors in every hudge compressed files i try to extract ect ect...

I've search by myself to fix the problem by setting the exactly manufacturer provided setting in my bios... Which just fix the problem until the next cold boot...
                    Re-install a lot of time Widows 7 and XP... (now seven isn't able to be installed with the 4Gigs ... I'm forced to take of a stick to be able to re-install it O_O)

I've just found this thread so i'm sending an RMA request atm and hope for a better stick set after this...
                    I'm pretty desapointed by my story cause i read everywere G.Skill was a good ram manufacturer... And i have now so much troubles.
                    Btw i hope it's going to be fixed fast and finaly enjoy my new config as it should !
                    Last edited by ScavangeR; 05-05-2010, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Meilo,

You can send to us, or your original place of purchase, whichever is more convenient.

Here are our RMA procedures: http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

I did not know if I should PM you G.Skill tech, but how long is the turn around? I noticed yesterday the ram was delivered so should I expect it in the post next week? Do you guys email us when you ship it back? Or do you send it silently? I've never done an RMA besides with Microsoft. So I have no idea if you send me the information after you ship it or I should just wait around for it.

Comment

Good news, I've received new sticks and now everything is working fine!
                          My mobo is an Asus P7P55D-E Pro, and the memory is G.Skill 10666ECO 1.35v

Comment

You can PM me anytime. Turn around time is 1-2 days after we receive it. Shipping back to you can be 3-5 days depending on your location, so you should get it roughly sometime next week if it was already delivered to us. We ship it silently most of the time because we expect you to receive it before you wonder where it is. =)

Olivier, glad to hear everything is working fine now. Enjoy!

Thank you
                            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Ok Thank you. If I recall correctly the RMA department is Walnut CA. So west coast. I'm based on the east coast so probably 4-5 lol. But I'm glad you guys do have a quick turn around. I'll watch the post this week. Thanks for your help and have a wonderful weekend.

Comment

I have recived my ram from RMA and still dont work please read my thread
                                http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=5184

Comment

Working...
                                X