Hello,

i have the Cold Bood Issue, too.

Here my System:

CPU: Intel Core i7-920
    Mainboard: ASUS P6X58D Premium BIOS 0703
    RAM: F3-10666CL9T-6GBNQ
    Video: Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X 1GB
    HDD: WD3299JS, WD4000KS

I selected the RAM over QVL from ASUS Website in hope to have no issues. But i think i was wrong.

So what says G.Skill to this?

THX

Leave a comment:

• GSKILL TECH
    replied
    xPreatorianx,

No, unless we do not receive it for whatever reason. Otherwise, once we receive it we will process it immediately to return back to you.

sjuarez,

You can request to have them tested before shipping. This should eliminate any possible issues.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Leave a comment:

• sjuarez
    replied
    I tried the suggested changes which fixed the cold boot issue the first time but the issue did appeared again the next day in 2 out of the 4 memory modules (did a memtest+ and it right away showed me hundreds of errors). If I RMA those two is there a way I can warranty that the new ones will work correctly like the other 2?

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
    sjuarez,

They are compatible, you simply have to enable the XMP Profile under "AI Overclock Tuner". We work closely with ASUS, so essentially all DDR3 modules will work with the XMP Profile.

In addition, if you are looking to use 4 modules, we recommend purchasing a 4 module tested kit, otherwise two different kits may not operate properly together. Should this happen, an RMA would generally solve the problem.

DyJoh and sjuarez,

Both of you are running 8GB, so you need to understand that it is not guaranteed to work, but we can always try. When running four modules, you will also need to increase the memory controller voltage as it can be overloaded with full slots. For the ASUS motherboard, it is known as IMC Voltage. On the Gigabyte motherboard, it is known as NB Voltage. Simply raise these values by +0.2V and it should provide much more stability.

If it is indeed a cold boot issue, simply send them in for new replacements and the new sets should work fine.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Leave a comment:

• xPreatorianx
    replied
    Rocket999,

Send the memory in for new replacements, that should solve the problem.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH
    I sent mine in today, Do I need to provide you guys with the tracking number?

Leave a comment:

• GSKILL TECH
    replied
    Rocket999,

Send the memory in for new replacements, that should solve the problem.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Leave a comment:

• Rocket999
    replied
    The cold boot issue also occurs on the Gigabyte X58A-UD3R motherboard. I have no idea what to do. I've checked bent cpu pins, re-seated the memory modules. played with bios settings. I give up. What is going on?

Leave a comment:

• xPreatorianx
    replied
    Send back the entire kit, the new replacement should work just fine.

Thank you for your cooperation

GSKILL TECH
    Ok thank you. I got the RMA number Monday and I'm now going to the post office now. Thanks .

Leave a comment:

• GSKILL TECH
    replied
    DyJoh,

Request to have them tested and hopefully that will eliminate any possible issues.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Leave a comment:

• sjuarez
    replied
    Thanks for the hlep GSKill Tech, I'll give those settings a try and reply on how it goes over the couple next days (since I have to wait around 8 hours for the problem to show).

Leave a comment:

• DyJoh
    replied
    Worth a shot

Thanks, I'll give the NB Voltage a try tongiht. I have submitted my RMA request. Is it possible to request a matched 4 set to replace the 2 matched sets I am currently running? Figure I should eliminate as many variables as possible. If so, how should I request the four matched set in the RMA process?

Leave a comment:

• GSKILL TECH
    replied
    sjuarez,

They are compatible, you simply have to enable the XMP Profile under "AI Overclock Tuner". We work closely with ASUS, so essentially all DDR3 modules will work with the XMP Profile.

In addition, if you are looking to use 4 modules, we recommend purchasing a 4 module tested kit, otherwise two different kits may not operate properly together. Should this happen, an RMA would generally solve the problem.

DyJoh and sjuarez,

Both of you are running 8GB, so you need to understand that it is not guaranteed to work, but we can always try. When running four modules, you will also need to increase the memory controller voltage as it can be overloaded with full slots. For the ASUS motherboard, it is known as IMC Voltage. On the Gigabyte motherboard, it is known as NB Voltage. Simply raise these values by +0.2V and it should provide much more stability.

If it is indeed a cold boot issue, simply send them in for new replacements and the new sets should work fine.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Leave a comment:

• DyJoh
    replied
    Thank god!

I've been killing myself over the last few weeks trying to troubleshoot my stability issues and random BSODs. Just posted my issue in the forums when I found this thread. Describes my issues exactly. I suspected the cold boot issue, but dismissed it as a coincidence. System specs as follows.

Gigabyte GA-790FXTA-UD5 AM3 (bios v2)
    AMD Phenom II x4 955 3.2
    8 GB (2x4) GSKILL PC3 12800 (F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ) set at 9,9,9,24, 1.5v; 1600
    BFG 275 GTX
    WD 640GB sata 3
    Thermaltake 750w psu
    Hauppauge 1850 tv-tuner
    Win7 64bit

My thread:

http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?p=20497#post20497

Thanks to all that put in the effort to build this thread!

GSkill, what next?
    Last edited by DyJoh; 04-28-2010, 01:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sjuarez
    replied
    This is the first time I build a pc from scratch on my own and I have this cold boot issue which is very frustrating cause its hard to figure out at first why sometimes it works perfect and how only when you leave the PC off for a few hours the error comes back.

My ASUS motherboard model is P7H57D-V EVO and apparently its not on the GSkill list of models that the sticks are assured to have full compatibility so I guess I don't have much choice but to RMA with newEgg my 4 DDR3s and change them for another brand. Does anybody know which brand and model would be similar and won't present this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Additionally I think it would be good if GSkill would add to the forum DDR 3 > BIOS Configuration Guide an entry for the P7H57D-V EVO in case its supposed to work with that mobo.

Leave a comment:

• GSKILL TECH
    replied
    Send back the entire kit, the new replacement should work just fine.

Thank you for your cooperation

GSKILL TECH

Leave a comment:

• xPreatorianx
    replied
    I have the same issues with an Asus M4A785TD-V EVO and 1 set of Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL ram. The only reason why I am able to post this is because I fixed my system today and have not rebooted it. Which I will not reboot till I get an answer on my RMA request. So basically this system will stay online to my RMA request is authorized.

I have done stability checks with memtest and Prime 95. They check out as long as I don't reboot. If I reboot memtest throws mass amounts of errors and I Bsod trying to get into windows. I can usually stay in windows for about 5-10 minutes then every program crashes and when I try to go back into the programs I get greeted with the BSODS.

Partial system specs (only ones that matter at this point in time.)

Asus M4A785TD-V EVO
    AMD Phenom II X2 555 Callisto unlocked as a triple core. (It's stable under prime 95.) Quad core won't even let windows work right.

1 set of F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL ram which is 2X 2GB sticks working in Dual channel mode.

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

I have already requested an RMA I'm just waiting on a reply.

Now my questions is, Do I send back both sticks or just 1? I went a head and put the full kit down under RMA request. I'm just hoping I don't get another 2 sticks that don't work 100% correctly.

I also used all the timings that G.Skill listed on the label.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X