Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• justjss
    replied
    More than two years ago, I built a (for then) high-end PC for a friend's husband. I chose an Asus Maximus III Formula motherboard, an 860 I7 CPU, Windows 7 x64 and 8 GB of G.Skill DDR3-1600:

F3-12800CL9Q-8GBECO

(PC3-12800, 2GBx4)

When I built the machine originally, I could not get it to recognize more than 4GB of Ram. Ultimately, I RMA'd the motherboard back then (NewEgg.) The replacement board "saw" 8GB and I though everything was fine. I recall having some BSOD problems but fiddled withe bios and thought I was fine, G. Skill told me to set the memory at XMP and it should be good. (Original inquiries at: http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?p=14300#post14300)

My friend's husband loved the new PC ... but started having blue screens. I live far away ... I don't know how often. He didn't like to complain. Finally during a visit, months ago, I looked at his PC and saw the reliability monitor. It had been crashing a LOT.

It took a while for us to realize that almost all of the crashes were right after cold boots. It would take from one to four boots to get a good clean boot; then things could be fine for hours or even days. The BSOD dumps are varied and inconclusive, though many of them point to memory management errors/collisions.

This week, I've been housesitting for my friends and finally got to do extensive diagnostics and testing.

It could be the motherboard, sure. It could even be the CPU. But it's not drivers, or the OS, or the PSU. The RAM tests okay ... but I get cold boot errors, every time. One stick, two sticks and four sticks.

I came here and found this thread.

G.Skill -- help? Because I think I have the same/similar problem that a number of people here are having. I've had it for quite a while, apparently, but I was unable to do anything about it. Now I need to do so.

Please tell me what steps you want me to take (and I can tell you the results.)

Thank you.
    Last edited by justjss; 09-06-2012, 05:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• deavik
    replied
    Bought 2x2GB F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM, cold boot issues, 1 stick seems to be working

I have the same issue with ASUS P7P55D-E PRO. Ran fine for a few days, but then I turned by computer off for a few hours, and now it fails every memtest on a cold boot.

However after a bunch of testing, 1 of the two sticks seems to be working (has not failed yet). Would you suggest getting the whole set replaced? I am unwilling to lose my desktop for a week, would you suggest buying new RAM from newegg and then getting a refund for this? Their return policy says "Return for refund within: 30 days" but I'm not sure if this is allowed or not.

Please let me know what I should do! Thanks

EDIT: My BIOS settings are the default ASUS XMP settings, but I manually set the CPU voltage at 1.225V. This means the RAM settings are 1.6V, 7-8-7-24-2N.

----
    ASUS P7P55D-E PRO
    Core i5 750
    Last edited by deavik; 08-31-2010, 06:07 AM. Reason: Added BIOS settings

Leave a comment:

• ScavangeR
    replied
    After few month of test... No more cold boot issue with the new set of RAM

Thx G.Skill for quick and efficient support/RMA

Leave a comment:

• rgoto
    replied
    I ran with only 1 of 2 modules installed for a week and the cold boot issues were gone so I think I am definitely experiencing this issue.

Since I can't afford to be without my computer long enough to RMA, is it OK if I purchase another identical set of RAM (F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ) and then use both sets (2x2x2GB) when I get my RMA back? I'll only be running dual channel (not quad channel). I don't believe that the modules on the same channel need to be synchronized. Can you confirm this?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• GSKILL TECH
    replied
    Great! Glad to hear. Enjoy!

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Leave a comment:

• xPreatorianx
    replied
    I got my ram back last Monday I believe. It works perfectly! Thank you very much G.Skill

Leave a comment:

• espac
    replied
    I have recived my ram from RMA and still dont work please read my thread
    http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=5184

Leave a comment:

• xPreatorianx
    replied
    Ok Thank you. If I recall correctly the RMA department is Walnut CA. So west coast. I'm based on the east coast so probably 4-5 lol. But I'm glad you guys do have a quick turn around. I'll watch the post this week. Thanks for your help and have a wonderful weekend.

Leave a comment:

• GSKILL TECH
    replied
    You can PM me anytime. Turn around time is 1-2 days after we receive it. Shipping back to you can be 3-5 days depending on your location, so you should get it roughly sometime next week if it was already delivered to us. We ship it silently most of the time because we expect you to receive it before you wonder where it is. =)

Olivier, glad to hear everything is working fine now. Enjoy!

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Leave a comment:

• OlivierMDVY
    replied
    Good news, I've received new sticks and now everything is working fine!
    My mobo is an Asus P7P55D-E Pro, and the memory is G.Skill 10666ECO 1.35v

Leave a comment:

• xPreatorianx
    replied
    I did not know if I should PM you G.Skill tech, but how long is the turn around? I noticed yesterday the ram was delivered so should I expect it in the post next week? Do you guys email us when you ship it back? Or do you send it silently? I've never done an RMA besides with Microsoft. So I have no idea if you send me the information after you ship it or I should just wait around for it.

Leave a comment:

• GSKILL TECH
    replied
    Meilo,

You can send to us, or your original place of purchase, whichever is more convenient.

Here are our RMA procedures: http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Leave a comment:

• ScavangeR
    replied
    Same issues here...

I bought my new config a month ago

M4A785TD-V EVO
    AMD Phenom II 965 (be)
    G.Skill f3-12800CL9D-GBRL
    Samsung Spinpoint F3 1T
    Vista ultimate x64
    Cooler master 750silent pro P/S

And no trouble at first start and first Windows install, my config run for a month without cold boot (yeah i know.. I have no life -_-) But at the first one.. Guess what happened.

Multiple BSODs, CRC errors in every hudge compressed files i try to extract ect ect...

I've search by myself to fix the problem by setting the exactly manufacturer provided setting in my bios... Which just fix the problem until the next cold boot...
    Re-install a lot of time Widows 7 and XP... (now seven isn't able to be installed with the 4Gigs ... I'm forced to take of a stick to be able to re-install it O_O)

I've just found this thread so i'm sending an RMA request atm and hope for a better stick set after this...
    I'm pretty desapointed by my story cause i read everywere G.Skill was a good ram manufacturer... And i have now so much troubles.
    Btw i hope it's going to be fixed fast and finaly enjoy my new config as it should !
    Last edited by ScavangeR; 05-05-2010, 04:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Meilo
    replied
    Hi g.skill,

do i have to send the RAM to G.Skill or where i bought the RAM?

Thanks for reply.

Leave a comment:

• GSKILL TECH
    replied
    Please send the memory in for new replacements and the new set should work better.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Leave a comment:

Working...
X