M4A79XTD EVO and F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4A79XTD EVO and F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

ASUS M4A79XTD EVO and F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL on Win7 64-bit.

What is the correct clock and voltages. There are posts everywhere for this and most are different from one another! Every G-Skill technician is saying something different for clocking and voltages. I cannot tell you how frustrating it is to spend TONS of cash on a new machine to watch it BSOD over and over!

Machine:
    WIN7 64Bit
    ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
    F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL (Your RAM)
    X-Fired Sapphire 5750's (2)
    Kingwin 1000 Watt PSU
    Lynksys Wireless G Card
    Western Digital SATA 3GBps 320 Gig HDD

Please, I'd like to get a stable machine.
    Last edited by flexserve; 02-12-2010, 10:04 AM.

Geez, you beat me to the punch. I just asked this same question...

http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=4044

The only difference is that I'm not getting a BSOD. Instead the box is locking up. Are you actually getting a BSOD or a lock up?

Comment

Both... Had BSOD and had freezes.

Trying NB and SB and HT maxed out voltages(set them to 1.5v and BIOS takes each to top end) and 9-9-9-25-T2, manual to 1600Mhz

So far MEMTEST ran for couple hours, 4 tests, 0 errors.

I will report back after I abuse it with some games. So far .....loading Dawn of War II and updates.

I'll tell you in about 1-2 hours if I managed to crash it. DOWII is supposed to be approved by MS for Win7 64-bit without adjustments. Only time will tell.

I'd like to personally thank Asus, Gskill, and especially NewEgg for making the combo package that cannot run..though they all state they can on their websites!
      Last edited by flexserve; 02-11-2010, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Played DOWII with updates and STEAM running for about 45 minutes..zero defects (video segments and gameplay)..installing FSX now
        Last edited by flexserve; 02-11-2010, 01:30 PM.

Comment

I'm going to try the settings that you are using. I'm not too comfortable with having the NB at 1.5 though.

Comment

NSB will adjust down to its max automagically. Besides...this board can take it.(in my opinion)

Comment

Those settings you recommended caused a freeze up. ...sigh...

Comment

FSX 30 minutes ..zero defects. Lemme check my exact settings...I also did a fresh WIN 7 64 load with these settings already done. Maybe file corruption on your end???

Comment

HT V 1.5
                  DRAM FREQ 1600
                  DRAM V 1.5
                  NB 1.4
                  SB 1.35
                  T2
                  (rest in auto)

Comment

same gskill tech , same blue screen different numbers

i have been dealing with the same issue since Oct. qvl, everyone saying it was compatible and works only ....i got the bsod when i tried to go manual since everything which was supposed to be 'native' wasnt actually and i had to OC, in essence but also got divergent info. I got pretty much the same feedback as the last posters but i was told the last number should be 24 not 25 and the volt values were different, HT was 1.4, NB was 1.2 but now i get the ram speed listed at 800-824mhz but still it is listed as runnning at 10,700, nowhere is the 12,800 number listed anywhere except in the product ID , but it is showing the exact same numbers in cpuz spd tab as it did when set to auto. I really wish i knew what the real deal was. i appreciate everyone putting in their 2cents

Comment

Advice from the Asus MBD forums:

Memory problems can occur due to basic incompatibility problems or when a memory kit is not set up properly in the BIOS. Generally, you want to purchase memory from vendors who list compatible tested and guaranteed memory kits for particular mainboards. G.Skill does not do that, as far as I know... not to say that G.Skill is not quality memory...

The first thing you want to do is to see if you run into the same sorts of problems with just one of your modules installed ... and if you do not, then your problem is likely that you need to set the proper DRAM voltage as specified by G.Skill in your BIOS.

However, if that does not help, then you want to consider some guaranteed memory...

http://www.crucial.com/store/listpar...M4A79XTD%20EVO

http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/conf...submit1=Search
                      Last edited by flexserve; 02-11-2010, 04:08 PM.

Comment

I also have to tell ya..with my settings and a fresh WIN7 64-bit install.. I have not run into an issue after (NO lockups, and NO BSOD or resets) installing and playing several games and running the memory test boot disk for 4 1/2 hours. zero defects so far. However, I have read of THIS memory running good for weeks and then becoming problematic.

Comment

johnniedoo, is your system stable with your current settings?

Comment

johnniedoo,

You're looking at the wrong tab. SPD tab shows the motherboard's maximum defaults. You should be looking in the memory tab. It should show DRAM Frequency 800MHz, and timings 9-9-9-24. If so, then your computer is running just fine. The "Maximum Bandwidth" you're looking at there in the SPD tab is the JEDEC standard for the motherboard. That is the maximum bandwidth the motherboard can operate without enabling the XMP/EPP Profile or manually configuring the settings.

flexserve,

You should let that ASUS representative know that both of our companies test each other's products, and both companies list each other's products on each of our QVL lists. If he is an actual tech and has access, then he can even test them since they do have most of our memory for testing.

Many times reinstalling the Windows operating system can solve problems. During the initial install, the memory may not have been configured correctly thus creating an unstable Windows.

Thank you
                            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                              johnniedoo,

flexserve,

You should let that ASUS representative know that both of our companies test each other's products, and both companies list each other's products on each of our QVL lists. If he is an actual tech and has access, then he can even test them since they do have most of our memory for testing.

Many times reinstalling the Windows operating system can solve problems. During the initial install, the memory may not have been configured correctly thus creating an unstable Windows.

Thank you
                              GSKILL SUPPORT

and the main question successfully avoided again. timing...timing...timing...timing...

..and who are you talking about? "If he is an actual tech.." No one claimed to be on their side (Asus board)...

here is the facts: both list it compatible...

Both companies have NO CLUE what the settings are supposed to be to actually run it. I find this hilarious and starting to look like a CON JOB.
                              Last edited by flexserve; 02-12-2010, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X