• 790fxta-ud5 board 1866mhz ram oc

AMD Phenom II x4 965 @ 3.4 ghz
    gigabyte 790fxta-ud5 motherboard
    4gb F3-15000CL9D-4GBRH
    1TB Hitachi 7200rpm sata drive
    Msi GTX 285 graphics card
    950watt Roswell power supply
    Nemisis Midtower case

My manurfacture says that i can overclock to 1866mhz.
    I bougth the ram and in bios it says i can only get to 1600 like the forum i was reading on but i cant trade in my ram so how would i overclock for those settings cause im running a memory test right now with my ram at 1333mhz and 9-9-9-24-2t right now and its gotten 114432 errors and 1 pass after 38 minutes of testing. I was wondering if my rams bad or if auto settings need adjusting.

new info

The ram wont have an error if i test only 1 2gig stick at a time it passed the test no errors 10 times on both sticks only when two stick in the board and after they do two test/ warm up

Comment

Wow, sorry to say but that was sorta hard to read!

Ok, the first thing to do is to only have 1 stick of RAM in the motherboard, then go into the BIOS and take a picture or write down the Timings AND voltage for the RAM. Then do the same for the other one. If they match, that's great! Then, put both sticks into the same colored ram slots, and go into the BIOS and look at the RAM timings and voltage. Different? If so, change the settings to match the settings for one stick. Also, compare DDR speeds in the BIOS.
      Last edited by JamesWH; 01-21-2010, 11:21 PM.

Comment

So two sticks will not have issues after two test warmup?

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
        X