No announcement yet.

Possible compatability problem with Jigsaw DDR3 2000 and nForce 790I Ultra SLI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard? Also, you do understand that your stock FSB is 1066 so you're overclocking the CPU quite a bit. You may be hitting CPU limitations and may need a better CPU to operate DDR3-2000.

The memory package you have is EPP 2.0 and XMP capable.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Yes I have been using the latest BIOS firmware update.
      I do understand that my default fsb should be 1066. Online there are people who can turn it up to 1600. My RAM that I'm using (DDR3 1800) has EPP 2.0 Enabled, so it takes care of the settings for me. They set my FSB MHz to 1125, meaning that the jump from 1800 RAM to 2000 RAM shouldn't exceed 1400Mhz.

Now your telling me that the RAM I bought from Gskill is EPP and XMP capable?
      My 2 2GB DDR3 2000 RAM
      http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=227

Now on Newegg
      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231281

On both those sites it says nothing about being EPP 2.0 and XMP Capable.

Comment

It uses different memory multipliers for different frequencies, which is why for 1800 it only showed 1125. Since it seems to like a 5:8 ratio, try setting FSB to 1250 and see if it likes that multiplier.

EPP and XMP is not listed because it's a standard to us. It's nothing special that should cost more money, although, other companies use it as a marketing scheme to make a couple extra dollars.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Here are the only options I have for the Memory Dividers: Auto, 5:4, 3:2 and Sync Mode.

With that said, I believe that the reason they have these preloaded settings is because the users couldn't replicate the custom settings, due to the limitations on the motherboard BIOS.

My DDR3 1800 RAM Memory Divider is custom set at 5:16. I cannot set this myself.

You say that you should have custom settings for the RAM? Why doesn't my motherboard detect it? When it detects my EPP 2.0 RAM, it says EPP 2.0 Enabled in the BIOS.

I think I need those custom settings to set the settings I can't set!

Comment

As far as memory dividers, FSB, and such settings, these are all written in the BIOS for specific memory. The only settings detected from the memory are the basic DDR3-2000, 9-9-9-, and voltage. If DDR3-2000 is not being set up properly with the XMP/EPP, then seems like the BIOS is not written for this particular DDR3-2000 kit, so manual settings will be necessary. You may want to search the forums for other users. I have seen this combination several times.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT
            Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 03-10-2010, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X