Asus Maximus Extreme an G.SKILL PI SERIES DDR3 PC12800 4GB (2GB X 2) CL7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus Maximus Extreme an G.SKILL PI SERIES DDR3 PC12800 4GB (2GB X 2) CL7

What settings should I use in Maximus Extreme bios to run my pc at the 1600 Mhz of my ram, my processor is an Intel Quad extreme QX9650 (FSB 1333) ?

If it's impossible, what are the best settings (freq ram, fsb, cas, ras, volts, ...) for my MB, UPC and RAM ?

Thank's for your response.

you'll need to overclock your CPU FSB to 400 to run DDR3 1600
    and please add FSB and NB voltage to 1.4v, memory voltage to 1.9v, timing 7-7-7-18-2T
    as for CPU voltage, it depends on your CPU, you may need to try out
    then, it will work fine with rated speed
    thanks

G.S

Comment

im no admin but my current set up is as follows.
      Q9550 (stock voltage is VID:1.2375V) set in bios close to 1.2375 ends up at 2.08 in pc probe.
      memory voltage set at 1.90 volts in bios watch for vdrop in pc probe (these mobo can overvolt it)
      NB voltage @ 1.25
      SB @ 1.5
      SB1.05@ 1.06
      VTTCPU@ 1.20

set dram strap to 400
      FSB to 400
      theres a seting called AI clock twister set this to strong or stronger.
      AI transaction booster to maunal, then set common performance level to 6 (default 7)
      and then you can change the 1st tab of memory to what g.skill mentioned and all else set to auto. oh and set it to 1T they should handle it.

a simple way to do this is use voltages similar to what i mentioned, but instead of Going full manual you could use the X.M.P profile under the AI overclockclock tuner, or go manual and enter values as i mentioned above. also leave gtl res voltages on auto, until you have take a troll through forums like extreme systems, or ocforums and understand what your doing

Comment

thanks for sharing oyur experience

G.S

Comment

Working...
        X