Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800cl7d-4gbrm asrock p55 pro

Hi,
    I'm experiencing serious troubles with an Asrock P55 pro and 8GB (4x2GB) RAM (2x F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM).
    If I install only 2x2GB (in the white slots), using default bios settings, the system starts and works fine ( no memory problems detected with MEMTEST+ 4.0 ). According to CPU-z, memory settings ( auto-configured, NO OC ) are 533Mhz 7-7-7-20. Probably something better can be achived (even if I know this RAM model IS NOT in the motherboard QVL).
    Even (a lot) worse if I try to install 4x2GB: the system CAN'T BOOT, even if I clear CMOS (reset BIOS to default)!
    Is there any known issue using Asrock p55 pro and 8GB (4x2GB) F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM ?
    Are there some "good" BIOS settings that let the system boot with 8GB (even with lower frequency) ?
    Do you think this is a compatibility issue or there is a problem in the RAM modules (or in the motherboard) ?

Thanks in advance for your answer!

P.S. More system details:
    Bios version 2.0
    CPU Intel i5 750
    Power supply LC-Power Ozeanos metatron lc8650 650W
    ATI Radeon 4770
    Windows 7 pro 64

Test each stick individually to make sure all are good. Make sure command rate at 2T. DRAM voltage at 1.6 and SPEC timings call for 7-8-7-24, use these settings first to try and get it stable then can experiment with tightening the timings.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi Tradesman, thanks for your reply.

Hi tested each stick (2GB) individually and as a couple (2x2GB).

533Mhz 7-8-7-24 2T DRAM voltage 1.6 (All other BIOS settings are set to defaults).
      single stick OK
      4GB (2 sticks) OK
      8GB (4 sticks) FAIL TO BOOT

800Mhz 7-8-7-24 2T DRAM voltage 1.6 (All other BIOS settings are set to defaults).
      single stick ERRORS
      4GB (2 sticks) FAIL TO BOOT
      8GB (4 sticks) FAIL TO BOOT

dr.Debug ( a 7-Segment Debug LED in the motherboard ) shows "d4" when the system fails to boot. "d4" should means "Test base 512KB memory. Adjust policies and cache first 8MB. Set stack."

Any suggestion ?

Comment

same 8GB issue with "d4" message; I use F3.16000 modules on a deluxe model.

could be a motherboard trouble.

Comment

Do you have command rate at 2T? Also, what is your tRFC for 8GB you'll want about 195.5 if in ns, else 88

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

YES, command rate is set to 2T.
            I also set tRFC to 88, but same "d4" boot failure with 8GB (all fine with 4GB).

I think both motherboard and RAM are ok by itself, but can't work together... have you ever tested an asrock p55 pro with 4 sticks (8GB) f3-12800cl7d-4gbrm ?

Thanks again.

Comment

to run with 4 sticks, the loading of memory controller would be much heavier than to run with 2
              so, please try to downgrade the dram frequency or loosen the timing to 9-9-9-24
              thanks

G.S

Comment

Hi,
                hi tested 8GB with
                - 533Mhz 9-9-9-24-88-2T 1.6V -> "d4" boot failure
                - 533Mhz 10-11-10-29-255-2T 1.65V -> "d4" boot failure
                - 400Mhz 9-9-9-24-88-2T 1.6V -> "E4" boot failure
                No way to let system even to boot with (8GB)!

Please let me know if 8GB f3-12800cl7d-4gbrm SHOULD work with Asus P55 PRO or if my own memory sticks / motherboard have a problem.

Thanks a lot.
                Andrea

Comment

would you like to keep all setting default?
                  we tested 4 sticks on Asrock P55 but there is no such issue
                  and please try to add one stick at one time after installed 2 sticks to see if it works
                  thanks

G.S

Comment

Hi, of course is not important for me to keep default settings:
                    I only need to find a stable configuration for my system with 8GB, EVEN @400Mhz.
                    Maybe some default setting (i.e. voltage, timings, IES) doesen't let the system work fine, but it's a bit "strange" that (even with 1 stick) I can only use 533Mhz 7-8-7-24 and "better" settings (frequency or timing) lead the system to instability.

Could you please share ALL setting in your working configuration, so I can test the system without "default" settings ? ( some bios screenshot would be great! )
                    In this way we can know by sure if my system (memory or matherboard) is defective or not.

Thanks again
                    Andrea

P.S. I'm going to test system with 3 sticks... I didn't try this before

Comment

We tested 4 sticks on ASROCK P55 Deluxe and found no problem at all
                      And here are the screenshots of BIOS setting if you would like to set manually:

hope it helps

G.S

Comment

Hi! Thanks for your reply,
                        my motherboard is Asrock P55 PRO, not Asrock P55 Deluxe. Olso my bios version is 2.0, not 2.67c.
                        Furthermore in my system (with an i5 750 CPU) I can use DDR3_1600 (800Mhz) only if I set BCLK to 160Mhz ( OC ).

Anyway I tested using all shown settings, but RAM Frequency set to 533Mhz or 600Mhz: in both cases the system fails to boot. @600Mhz the system is not stable even with 4GB.

Do you think my own memory sticks (or my motherboard) are defective ? If so I can complain with my dealer;

thanks,
                        Andrea

Comment

sorry we don't have the same board in hand, so we could only test P55 Deluxe
                          you may try to test one stick at one time to see if one is defective
                          if so, you could return it to your reseller or request RMA directly with us
                          thanks

G.S

Comment

Working...
                          X