Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill Sniper some sticks do not POST

Hi,

I got 2 kits of F3-2400C11D-16GSR 16GB (2x8GB) for my old Z77 motherboard. I wanted to use both kits together in 4 slots of my MB to have 32GB ram.
    I tried kit number one in primary slots of my MB and they work perfectly (16GB). Then I removed them and added kit number two (16GB) to the same slots - the PC does not POST. I tried also only one stick from second kit in various slots as a standalone stick - no success to boot.
    As I see kits are from different batches (different manufacturing dates).
    So basically my system works with kit one, but not with kit two. I have not tried yet both kits together.
    How could I solve that? BIOS is latest, so can not be upgraded, I have no other MB to try the sticks on.

Thanks
    Last edited by himmelberg; 06-29-2022, 11:16 AM.

Have you tried one module at a time of the new kit? What is the production date for each set? If both modules of the second kit do not work, it may be two bad modules or incompatibility with the newer sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Have you tried one module at a time of the new kit? What is the production date for each set? If both modules of the second kit do not work, it may be two bad modules or incompatibility with the newer sticks.
      Yes, I tried one module of the second kit at a time. First kit (working) is manufactured in April 2022, second kit (non working) in Aug 2021.
      P.S. I have never tried both kits together (4 modules).

Comment

Where did you purchase the second kit? Or the seller?

Comment

Issue is resolved. One kit was defective. Replacement kit works works fine

Comment

Working...
          X