Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ram Compatibility with MB, PC won't start after upgrade to 16gb or in Dual Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram Compatibility with MB, PC won't start after upgrade to 16gb or in Dual Channel

G Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL Asus Motherboard B8E-Plus Intel I5 4060

Hey guys,
    I have a problem trying to get this RAM to work in dual channel on my mainboard. As long as I keep them wrongly in A1/A2 they work but only in Single Channel Mode, if I use A1/B1 my PC won't start and shuts down after 2sek and restarts. Asus told me that my mainboard wouldn't be compatible with this RAM but in the 1600Mhz series with the F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL. In an old post from you guys I found out that this is only an older version is that correct? Or is the XL actually not suited for my mainboard and therefore the cause of my problems?
    Thanks in advance!
    Diego
    Last edited by DonKH; 10-06-2021, 11:33 AM.

Sounds like a defective motherboard. Check CPU pins n make sure they are perfect, make sure CPU cooler is not too tight or loose, then try again. If seemingly no change, it is likely the best solution is to replace the motherboard.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Sounds like a defective motherboard. Check CPU pins n make sure they are perfect, make sure CPU cooler is not too tight or loose, then try again. If seemingly no change, it is likely the best solution is to replace the motherboard.
      Okay, how could I check if the motherboard is truly defective? So you are telling me the Ram is 100% compatible with my motherboard even though it is not listed with my motherboard on your site or an Asus compatibility list? Couldn't that be the problem? (I bought the pc like that 2nd hand)
      Last edited by DonKH; 10-07-2021, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Try other memory or try the memory in another motherboard.

Not sure what motherboard model you have, and for CPU I assumed you meant i5-4460.

Comment

My motherboard is the Asus B85 Plus, I Posted it in the First Post. I still need to know though if you know if the RAM I posted is not compatible, du you know that?

Comment

Originally posted by DonKH View Post
            G Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL Asus Motherboard B8E-Plus Intel I5 4060

Hey guys,
            I have a problem trying to get this RAM to work in dual channel on my mainboard. As long as I keep them wrongly in A1/A2 they work but only in Single Channel Mode, if I use A1/B1 my PC won't start and shuts down after 2sek and restarts. Asus told me that my mainboard wouldn't be compatible with this RAM but in the 1600Mhz series with the F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL. In an old post from you guys I found out that this is only an older version is that correct? Or is the XL actually not suited for my mainboard and therefore the cause of my problems?
            Thanks in advance!
            Diego
            You posted B8E so it was not exactly clear what you have to confirm compatibility.

The memory kit and motherboard mentioned are compatible together.

Comment

Working...
            X