Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADM FX(tm) -8350 8 core CPU and F3-12800cl-10d 16gbxl

I'm a newb and in need of assistance.
    I have the 2 8gb sticks and when they are installed the system wakes up and then will freezes everytime. When I put the 2 sticks of f3-12800cl9cd 4gb everything works. Now I've already tried all 4 sticks they don't work together. so only using the new 8gb sticks when this locks up. Is there any config in the bios I can try to get these to work? I have also moved them around from slots 1-3 to 2-4 and 1-2. makes no difference always wakes up and then locks up. restart doesn't fix it. Any help would be great!

Do you have the latest BIOS? Have you tried one module at a time in the second slot away from the CPU to see if both have the same maximum results? That can provide a clue on where the limitation may be.

Comment

I have checked and it has the latest bios. When I install one stick into slot 2 it woke up showed the desktop and then a black screen, then woke back up and did it again, then it locked up the mouse. The only way to restart ifs to force it into shutdown.

Comment

I think I might of figured it out after doing a little reading.Once I put it in slot 1 it crashed, bumped the voltage on the memory to 1.6v and it was stable no more crashing. Then added the second stick to slot 3 single channel mode, no more issues doesn't crash. Next, I moved the the second stick from slot 3 to slot 2 enabling dual channel mode, no more crashing issues. Works perfectly. Will all this are there any performance adjustments you might make to the settings? Mother board is a GigaByte GA-970A-UD3P rev.2 Click image for larger version

Name:	Dual Memory setup.PNG
Views:	124
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	166111Click image for larger version

Name:	Memory stick setup.PNG
Views:	180
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	166110

Comment

Sounds fine if the system is stable

Comment

Thanks, One more question If I wanted to purchase another kit of F3-12800cl-10d 16gbxl

ram from the same vendor. So I could open up the pc to 32GB. Would you expect any issue with that?

Comment

Well, thought this was figured out it's still locking up. So I reset the bios back to stock config and it only freezes is this memory not compatible? Are there any special stup that I need to start with on this memory? Cuz when I install the F3-12800CL9D-8gbxl that I took out, The machine works perfectly.

Comment

Is anyone going to reply?

Comment

Lots of run around from this company. No one replies and still the issue is not fixed. If you call it just as bad. run this test and if it fails we'll replace it. Now how will they know it's defective with me doing the test and no communication. Really willing to try and diag this but without the company support. DOn't buy from a company if they won't help support there products.

Comment

Working...
                  X