Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DDR3 on Lenovo B570 (F3-1600C11S-8GSL memory module)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR3 on Lenovo B570 (F3-1600C11S-8GSL memory module)

Hi!
    I want to increase memory to 16gb.
    Lenovo B570 1068 - Intel Core i3 (2nd Gen) 2310M / 2.1 GHz
    Chipset Type Mobile Intel HM65 Express

Can you tell me if this module will work in my laptop?
    https://www.gskill.com/product/2/161....35V8GB-(1x8GB)

Here it is written: for processors of the 3rd and 4th generations, and I have 2nd, does this affect anything?

And as far as I remember, there was some trick about the number of memory chips (one-sided / two-sided), will this module be recognized as needed on my laptop?
    Since the laptop is not very new : ), I guess I need a double-sided memory module, but I'm not sure.

They should work, but only at a reduced frequency of DDR3-1333 since the i3-2310M and HM65 combo does not support DDR3-1600 according to Intel specification (Source).

Memory density is not be an issue with 2nd gen Intel Core processors, as long as the notebooks BIOS supports higher density modules. The source above also confirms official support of at least 16GB total memory for the i3-2310M.

In addition to that 8GB modules usually are dual sided anyways and more importantly dual rank (2Rx8), built from sixteen 4Gbit ICs. While there are higher density DDR3 ICs available nowadays, I don't think G.SKILL has used them on any of it's DDR3 parts yet. Maybe official tech support can answer that
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Thanks for you answer. Frequency is not a problem.
      So, do you think it's worth asking support, do they generally answer such questions? : )

Comment

DDR3 8GB modules will be double sided

Comment

Result: All is good, modules works on Lenovo B570 without problem.

Comment

Working...
          X