Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gskill compatibility with MSI motherboard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gskill compatibility with MSI motherboard.

Hi.

I tried without success to use two pieces of DDR3 Gskill RAM on a MSI motherboard. MSI confirmed to me that the ram F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL should be compatible with the motherboard G41M-P25 (MS-7592). I also tried to use these ram pieces on another compatible motherboard (dell): no success. In both cases, I tested the ram pieces alone and also together. Each time the boot process stopped at the very beginning (after few seconds). Both motherboards do start with another ram. Are the two pieces cracked? Are the references on the ram pieces false? I would be grateful if you could help me to understand what is going on with these two ram pieces.
    Best regards, t6787J.

Try another model to see if it can work better:

F3-10666CLD-8GBNT

The other model you mentioned may not work well with the older motherboard.

Comment

Hi. Thank you for the hint. I did not find any product with this reference in your website. Maybe you meant: " F3-10666CL9D-8GBNT "?

Comment

Originally posted by t6787J View Post
        Maybe you meant: " F3-10666CL9D-8GBNT "?
        That is the right one.

The ancient G41 chipsets memory controller just can't handle higher density modules, which makes finding compatible memory a pain nowadays. That also would explain, why your F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL don't work. You can check if they are single sided or double sided (memory ICs only on one side or on both sides), by looking at the modules from the bottom. Single sided 4GB modules are not supported.
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

For the moment, I do not have access to my computer with G41 controller. I shall have a look at them later. Do I understand correctly? I should look for memory ICs near the ram slots on my motherboard. Is that correct?
          I really have difficulties to find the F3-10666CL9D-8GBNT. Is there another gkill ram module that could be supported by my motherboard?

Comment

For instance, is it meaningful to try the F3-10600CL9D-8GBNT instead of the F3-10666CL9D-8GBNT you recommended?

Comment

Either of those should be fine.

Comment

Thanks a lot. I'll try one of them.

Comment

Working...
                X