Confirming SPD settings for F3-1600C9D-16GAB - only running at 1333MHz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirming SPD settings for F3-1600C9D-16GAB - only running at 1333MHz

I just got a used Dell Optiplex 9010 with an i5 3rd Gen CPU. As it only came with 4GB of memory, I purchased the F3-1600C9D-16GAB kit to replace this with.

While the G.Skill memory works, it will only run at 1333MHz with either one or both sticks installed. Meanwhile, the 4GB from Dell is 1600MHz and is detected as such.

This is very likely a Dell problem, but I see that much of the DDR3 products here which are marketed with speeds greater than the JEDEC standards (like 2133MHz and 2400MHz) are listed as having an SPD speed of only 1333MHz. I just wanted to confirm that the part I ordered does in fact have a 1600MHz SPD value. Sadly there is no way to adjust memory speed or timings in this BIOS so in that case it appears I'm stuck...

Unfortunately, most kits are DDR3-1333 SPD so they can boot in most DDR3 systems. For a locked system like Dell, DDR3-1600 CL11 is required for the system to recognize properly. Since this is CL9, XMP capable motherboard is required.

Comment

Thank you for the thorough explanation. If that's the case, then it seems the specifications on your website are incorrect...

Series Ares
      Memory Type DDR3
      Capacity 16GB (8GBx2)
      Multi-Channel Kit Dual Channel Kit
      Tested Speed 1600MHz
      Tested Latency 9-9-9-24-2N
      Tested Voltage 1.50v
      Registered/Unbuffered Unbuffered
      Error Checking Non-ECC
      SPD Speed 1600MHz
      SPD Voltage 1.50v
      Fan lncluded No
      Height 33 mm / 1.30 inch
      Warranty Lifetime
      Features Intel XMP (Extreme Memory Profile) Ready

Would F3-1600C11D-16GIS be correctly detected in my system?
      Last edited by globulobrenf; 01-17-2019, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Yes, it should automatically run at DDR3-1600. Unfortunately for kits that require XMP, most have SPD reduced to 1333 in order to support older machines, so there was a update. We will look into getting the information revised. Thank you for that

Comment

Was revisiting this thread, please note that the link in post #3 still shows the wrong SPD information.

Comment

Working...
          X