Need help with G.SKILL RipjawsX 1866M C8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with G.SKILL RipjawsX 1866M C8

Greetings! A year ago I bought G.SKILL 2x4 RipjawsX 1866M C8 F3-14900CL8D-8GBXM,
    I enabled XMP1 from bios and everything was fine for a few months, after that random Blue screens started.When I disable XMP I dont have any crashes but my memory is set on 1600MHz with 11-11-11-28 timings which feels really laggy in games like Overwatch. I've tried to manually add timings and MHz (same as xmp) but I keep getting BSODs. I left the frequency to 1600 and set timings to 9-9-9-24 and in games feels fine, I don't have BSODs but I get random pc freezes (mostly in desktop) and I need to restart after that...
    My specs are:

CPU FX 8350 overclocked to 4.5 GHz with 1.35 voltage (I had the same problems even when my cpu was on stock)
    Mobo GB 970A ud3p
    GPU GB r9 285 (OC to 1050MHz/ Memory 1500MHz)
    PSU Corsair CX600

Increase CPU-NB and /or DRAM Voltage to see if that helps.

Also, do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard?

Comment

I've checked it and I found that my bios is the oldest version possible. I'll try to update it first and see how it goes

Comment

Bios is now updated, I'm using XMP1 without touching the CPU-NB or DRAM Voltage and so far everything is perfect. Its working on 1866MHz with 8-9-9-24 and no blue screens or freezes for now! Lets hope it'll stay this way;D Thanks for the help!

Comment

Perfect, great to hear

Comment

Working...
          X