Rampage II Extreme is not Booting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rampage II Extreme is not Booting

I have bought 3 single RAMs "3*4GB" to work as triple channel on my ASUS Rampage II Extreme. The new RAMs specific type is F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL - G.Skill 4GB 1600 MHZ CL9 9-9-9-24 1.5V. After the installation, my MB didn't boot at all and didn't even beep. I want to add that before purchasing the memory i have checked G.Skill RAM Configurator to know if the RAM is compatible with my MB or not and fortunately i have found that there is no issue in installing this type. Please, i need your support to know what is going on. Thanks in advance.

RAM Type:-

http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f3-12800cl9s-4gbrl

RAM Compatibility:-

http://www.gskill.com/en/configurato...p=40&model=208

Since these are not matched together you may have some compatibility issues going on or even 1 problematic stick.

What I would do would be to install just 1 stick of ram. Once it starts to boot, go into the bios and manually set the timings but set the speed to 1333mhz.

Then reboot allowing it to go into Windows. After a shutdown, then install a second stick and see if it boots into windows again making sure that you are installing the ram into the correct slots that are the same color.

Should it fail to boot pull that stick out and try again with the 3rd stick. If it doesn't boot then try increasing the voltage to the CPU's IMC.

Comment

Unfortunately, It is not even booting with one stick. I have tried this before. Also i have tried to reset the CMOS "Remove it for 5 Mins" then install the new RAM and operate but again same results. I have the latest BIOS ver. which is 2101.

Comment

Originally posted by kortam View Post
        Unfortunately, It is not even booting with one stick. I have tried this before. Also i have tried to reset the CMOS "Remove it for 5 Mins" then install the new RAM and operate but again same results. I have the latest BIOS ver. which is 2101.
        Did you try different sticks of ram or the same one?

Remove the CMOS battery and turn the power switch off on the PSU for 10 minutes?

Try different ram slots?

Does the ram work in another computer?

Comment

I Have also tried this except for trying the new ram in a different computer. They are new RAMs but i will do a try and inform you with the results

Comment

Originally posted by Priller View Post
            Did you try different sticks of ram or the same one?

Remove the CMOS battery and turn the power switch off on the PSU for 10 minutes?

Try different ram slots?

Does the ram work in another computer?
            I have tested the New RAMs in another PC and all of them were working.

Comment

I have tested the New RAMs in another PC and all of them were working.
              Does your computer boot with other ram?

Have you changed timings, voltage, etc?

Comment

Yes, My PC is working now with 3*2GB Corsair Dominator 1600MHZ RAMs and they are installed in the same slots i am trying to put the new ones. Which means that the MB RAM slots are ok.

Every thing is in auto mode. I am thinking that if i activated XMP on the old RAMs and then shut off the PC and installed the new ones. They may work. What do you think?

Comment

Yes, My PC is working now with 3*2GB Corsair Dominator 1600MHZ RAMs and they are installed in the same slots i am trying to put the new ones. Which means that the MB RAM slots are ok.

Every thing is in auto mode. I am thinking that if i activated XMP on the old RAMs and then shut off the PC and installed the new ones. They may work. What do you think?
                  Not too sure about that since they are different ram.

Have you tried increasing voltage to the memory controller since your going from 6GB of ram to 12GB.

Comment

I have tried to install one new stick after enabling the XMP while operating with the old ones but it didn't work. Then, i installed an old stick besides the new one as dual channel. The MB booted successfully but, it only read the old 2GB RAM, like the new one was not there and the OC failed "XMP".

Actually, i don't know how would that helps please, illustrate more. I didn't do that before but, kindly, notice that i have tried to install only one stick "4GB - Not the 12GB on the same time" and it was also not operating. I am ready to try any solution, but please, if you can give me more information about this one and share a tutorial video to execute it for my processor "Core I7 920 D0 2.67 GHZ" i would be grateful. Also, please, notice that my processor cooler is the stock fan. Thanks so much in advance.

Comment

I have tried to install one new stick after enabling the XMP while operating with the old ones but it didn't work. Then, i installed an old stick besides the new one as dual channel. The MB booted successfully but, it only read the old 2GB RAM, like the new one was not there and the OC failed "XMP".

Actually, i don't know how would that helps please, illustrate more. I didn't do that before but, kindly, notice that i have tried to install only one stick "4GB - Not the 12GB on the same time" and it was also not operating. I am ready to try any solution, but please, if you can give me more information about this one and share a tutorial video to execute it for my processor "Core I7 920 D0 2.67 GHZ" i would be grateful. Also, please, notice that my processor cooler is the stock fan. Thanks so much in advance.
                      It sounds like a dead stick but you can increase CPU VTT alittle bit +0.05-0.10 and see if that helps. Dont go over 1.35.

Since it doesnt recognize the ram then I would probably RMA it and see if the problem persist.

Comment

I have tried the 3 new sticks in another PC. All of them are working

Comment

I have tried the 3 new sticks in another PC. All of them are working
                          Ok so lets try bumping voltage to the CPU IMC with the CPU VTT and see if that fixes the issue.

Bump CPU VTT by 0.05-0.10+ and see if it boots.

Also try giving a little bump to the DRAM as well. So if its 1.5V then set 1.525V in the bios.

Comment

Unfortunately I am not and over clock professional. I didn't do this before. Could you please, tell me the steps to follow or share a tutorial video to do this for my processor. Also, please notice that i am using the stock fan will that make a problem for cooling the processor while OC it with the values you have mentioned.

Comment

Exchange for a triple channel memory kit and it should work fine:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-358-_-Product

Comment

Working...
                              X