X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M5a99x Evo R2.0 - 2x8GB F3 1866 C10Q-32GXL - FX 8350

DDR-1866 CL 10-11-10-30 1.50v
    PC3- 24900 8x4 Intel XMP ready.

Hello, this is a fairly new system, but it's been giving me some instabilities during usage. The erros are most frequently the same, ramdom freezing with a bsod kernel data inpage error.

I've tried the auto settings on the motherboard, the D.O.C.P settings, manually inputting the memory timings, and also raising cpu/nb offset voltage by small increment as shown on the tutorial.

I have also tried windows memory diagnostic for 2 passes, and memorytest86+ for 30+ hours with no errors. (2 sticks in).

Before returning everything in I was advised to test each stick individually with everyday usage to see if there are incompatibilities between them, or to find a eventual bad stick.
    The first one worked flawlessly for 1 day and a half and caused the very same error. Am now trying the second stick with fingers crossed. (testing with DOCP profile of 1866).

I guess I didn't make a formal question but, I'd like to know if this bsod error is commonly related to faulty memory sticks, also if a problem could go undetected by the memory testing done by windows and memtest.
    Failing a memory diagnosis I am leaning toward motherboard damage, the HDD seems to be fine under seatools and windows check, also the problem has occured both with an hdd and later with an ssd.
    In addition, I'd like to know if this is a good choice for AMD 8350 FX RAM setup.
    Last edited by Marmota; 08-20-2014, 07:30 AM.

Comment

That is a good memory kit for that motherboard and CPU.

For memtest, you should test one stick at a time. If there is a problem with a stick, it will be apparent.

If both modules work fine, have both installed in the same color slots furthest away from the CPU, increase CPU-NB Voltage +0.1V and see how that works.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for responding. I'm glad that it's a good choice of ram, and it does work quite fast.
        I did have them installed in that order, and with a +0.1V to the CPU/NB voltage with no improvement to stability.
        Could this recurrent bsod be a clear sign of malfunction from one of the ram modules?

The first module alone was able to reproduce the same error, and I am testing the second one to try and single it out.

Comment

That will definitely help determine whether a module is causing problems.

Comment

Thanks. I do notice the difference in speed from using a single channel, hope to get back to dual channel soon enough.
            Also, this might not mean much but there are two DOCP - XMP profiles. 0 and 1. Both are identical as far as I can tell. Is there any difference to which I activate on the BIOS?

Comment

Try both, one has more aggressive sub timings that only some systems will be capable.

Comment

Oh? Which one of them? They look to be the same to the untrained eye. By the way, it's been almost 20 days now of flawless experience with the second dimm. Is it safe to say it's a healthy one? The other one fails under 48 hours everytime I have it in. I think i'll go for 30 days to be safe, I'm so happy to have a stable and fast system on my hands.
                Last edited by Marmota; 09-02-2014, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Just to have closure, it ended up being a faulty motherboard by ASUS. RMA was long and I got my PC running up again in 2014 november. Up till now it has been runnning perfectly, DOCP activated and fast as it should! Thank you all for the support and great memory dimms.

Comment

Working...
                  X