Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD FX 8350 - Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 - G.skill DDR 2133 2x4Gb Advice

Hi all,

I'm a new guy to PC world as I used Mac due to my profession. Lately I decided to switch to PC to see as if I can benefit anything from PC hardwares and speed for audio, also for high quality gaming experience.

My upcoming PC Specs are as follow ( its being built in the shop right now, will pick it up later today)

Mobo: Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0
    CPU : AMD FX 8350
    RAM : Gskill Sniper Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 Bus 2133 Cas 11
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 Windforce OC 2GB ( 256 bit ) DDR5
    SSD: Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe 7mm 240GB Read 560MB/s - Write 520MB/s - Sata 3
    HDD: WD Caviar Red 1TB - 24/7 64MB cache Sata 3
    PSU : Corsair RM850 watts full modular
    Cooling : Zalman LQ315 - Liquid Cooling Ultimate Performance
    Operating system : Windows 7 Pro - 64 bits

I've read all over this forum and YET to find a recommendation of settings ( mobo BIOS settings, system settings) for the DDR3 RAMs to utilize its 2133Mhz Bus. Also found out that G.skill 2133 Mhz DDR3 needs a few tweaks to make it running right on the above system specs w/o crashing or BSOD.

Since I came from Mac World ( im having Mac pro Dual Xeon Nehalem with 16 Gb fully buffered ECC RAM ), I have no idea where to start with. I have experiences in CPU and GPU over-clock but NONE in DDR3 Tweaking and set-up as in Mac world everything just plug and play.

Would any expert here please help me with some basic settings that are stable for the system at the very beginning ? and how to utilize the 2133 bus while the AMD 8350 only support 18xx mhz bus ?

I plan on running Protools ( pro audio software ) + play X-plane 10 64 bits ( I'm a heavy simmer :P ) + running Adobe premiere for video.

Thank you all for your inputs and u can call me a NOOB in PC realm :P
Working...
X