Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-17000CL9Q-16GBXLD with P67A-UD7-B3 and R9 290

Hello,

I just joined the forum recently and am having issues installing the R9 290 with this setup. With a quad SLI GTX295 setup it is fine but with the new card I get 0xa0000001 BSOD errors, which might be the result of an "overclock". However, I never was able to get the RAM running at the right settings. I am also running a I7 2600K at stock settings (3.4 GHz).

I have tried XMP settings to raise the ram to 2133 MHz, and I believe it runs stable on the GTX295s, but with the new video card it is being really picky. I have ran the ram at 9-11-9-28 settings with 1.64V, which is still BSODing. I am not sure if there are some custom settings for this combination of RAM and motherboard that's rock-solid for stability, as I am not looking to overclock but just have a working system.

I have tried the card in my roommates computer and was up and running in 15 minutes with no setup in the BIOS. The card does work, but it appears it does not like my current settings

If there is a stable overclocking setup that also works, please let me know as I am open to trying anything but there are a lot of settings in the BIOS for custom RAM settings.

Additional technical info:

I am running the F7 bios and have reset the CMOS to fail-safe defaults and went from there. I tried about all MHz settings on the ram from 800 MHz to 2133 MHz.
    Last edited by Breaktackle; 01-25-2014, 01:59 PM. Reason: Computer keeps BSODing

Further Testing

I have pulled all the RAM and used individual sticks and pairs to try and test. I ran MEMTEST on some individual sticks but tried all four individually with the same results. I have also cleared the CMOS and still receive BSODs. I have also gotten Red Screens of Death where the screen just turns red with the sound frozen, and then the computer reboots.

Comment

Do you guys need any more info from me to help out? I am reading that 1.65V isn't good to run with a SB because the memory controller is built into the processor and overvolting could wreck it. The setup is still running fine with the RAM on the old graphics cards so I hope I didn't damage anything

Comment

Solution (?)

Talked with people on another board, for anyone searching and finding this.

There is hypothetically an issue with compatibility with this motherboard and an R9 290. The N200 chip managing the PCI Express bus might be causing conflict, and the RAM is not an issue. I had changed to a GTX780 and have zero issues.

Comment

Working...
        X