Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus P5P43TD/USB3 + Ripjaws X F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL + Q9450

Hi G.Skill,

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. My PC doesn't boot when I try to use this Ram. When trying to boot the fans in the PC are working but the screen stays black. Nothing else happens. When using my old Corsair XMS3 Ram (2gb, one module) the PC works fine. The voltage and timings of both Rams are the same. I do not know what could cause the problem.

The Ripjaws X are not listed on the QVL list of the mainboard. But this list is not comple anyway, because the mainboard can handle 16gb, the QVL does not even contain 16gb sets.

I would really appreciate your help.

Kind regards,
    Jakob
    Last edited by Jakob; 01-09-2014, 06:00 AM. Reason: Adding a detail to title

Test one module at a time to see if one can boot. Also, make sure you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Does the ram work with another CPU? preferably a 800 MHZ CPU? My P5Q3 Deluxe wifi is having a similar issue with Ripjaws series ram and im trying to figure out if the problem is the motherboard itself or just a conflict in the bios stock settings. The MB seems to boot fine with an E5400 but not with a Q9550, which like your quad has a 1333FSB.

Comment

Working...
      X