f3-12800cl9t-12gbrl with dx58so and intel i7-970 not stable at 1600mhz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f3-12800cl9t-12gbrl with dx58so and intel i7-970 not stable at 1600mhz

Hello, I hope someone can help me with an issue I have with the triple channel kit i bought recently. I installed the memory, went into the bios- left everything stock except for the memory, which I switched to the XMP profile(1600mhz 9-9-9-24 1.5v 2t). Computer booted up, then it blue screened shortly after. Downloaded and installed new bios, same thing. I tried adjusting some settings manually and followed different forums I had found, but it's still unstable at 1600mhz.
    I switched the memory profile to automatic and it runs perfectly fine at 1080mhz triple channel 7-7-7-19 1t, it even passed memtests and didn't crash while running prime95. I would like to see If someone can help me resolve this issue so I don't have to return the memory. I don't mind if I have to overclock a bit, but not looking to go too high- I just want things to run stable 24/7.

DX58SO
    f3-12800cl9t-12gbrl
    i7-970

PLEASE HELP!

Clear CMOS, enable XMP select profile 1, set DRAM voltage 1.55 and raise VTT + 0.04 from the current voltage

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hey there tradesman, thanks for replying! I tried what you recommended and my computer wouldn't restart, had to manually clear the cmos for it to be able to POST. There is one tiny difference, in my BIOS when I changed the profile and then the voltages as you recommended, the voltages need to be selected from a drop down menu, so I could only choose from the range that was already programmed. You said to crank up the dram to 1.55, the closest I saw was 1.54, then for the QPI I selected 1.6 since you said to add .04 and it was at 1.55 and there wasn't a 1.59 to choose from. Just thought you should know to see if it would make a difference.
      Thanks again, and please continue to help.

Comment

QPIVTT sounds too high....it had it at 1.55?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yep, once the XMP profile is selected, QPI is automatically adjusted to 1.55 and dram to 1.5.

Comment

Could you post your DRAM timings base and secondary/advanced along with your system voltages

Tman

Comment

I got it stable now after tinkering with it some more..
              The host clock for the cpu in the bios is automatically set to 135 and the multiplier for the ram at 12, so it was over the 1600mhz mark(somewhere around 1620). I lowered the clock to 133 so the ram would read at 1600mhz and it booted into windows, but it still wasn't stable. I ran prime to see if it would hang, and it did. I tried raising the dram voltage but it still would crash when stressing with prime95. I then left the dram at the stock 1.5 and got it stable when I turned the qpi down from the automatically adjusted 1.55 to 1.475- I lowered the voltage then ran a stress test, then lowered again until it was stable.

So right now the dram is at 1.5 and the qpi's at 1.475. Not sure if that's normal but it ran prime95 for over an hour just fine and passed other tests.

Comment

Keep us updated, sounding good at the moment

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X