Clear All

• gskill ripjawar ddr3 12800cl9d 4gb + gigabyte ga ex58 ud3r

Hi everyone, I have this specs:

intel core i7

gigabyte ga ex58 ud3r

xfx pcie gf8600g 1g ddr2 dvi tv

gskill ripjawar ddr3 12800cl9d 4gb x2

I want to add two more gskill ripjawar ddr3 12800cl9d 4gb

I would like to know if this will work fine or if I will have any trouble.

Thanks!

In general, it's sort of a toss up, any time you mix sets, even of the same exact model it can be problematic. Good thing here is, if there is a problem with 1600 and lower freqs you can generally compensate with minor voltage adjustment to the MC and/or the DRAM itself. So, no guarantee, but chances are good.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi, thanks for your answer. In fact I made a mistake, I checked in the computer, and I dont have 4x2 but 2x4, I mean I have 4 slots of 2gb each. So if I want to grow to 16 gb I will have to buy 4 new mems of 4gb each.
      The question now is, as I´m not an expert, I don´t know much about computers, Do you think it will work fine if I buy 4 mems of this exact model, 4gb each? do you think my mother and processor will accept them allright?

thanks

Comment

Don't know your exact CPU but think you should be fine with most all CPUs running on the X58 with the 16GB at 1600 - 1866 and up can be more questionable...would want to know the model of the CPU

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks Tradesman. I´m not quite sure what you mean with "model of CPU"

I know the motherboard and micro, the video board, Please let me know where can I find the information about the CPU model so I can provide it to you to be sure.

Thanks!

Comment

Ok I'm guessing a i7-920, can find out by going to MY COMPUTER, right click on it then select PROPERTIES, about the middle of the screen it will show the Processor/CPU make/model

Tman

Comment

Thanks Trademan, this is the information, I guess you were right

intel Core i7 cpu 920 @2.67 ghz 279 ghz

then, do you recommend I buy 4 mems of gskill ripjawar ddr3 12800cl9d 4gb each (to get to a total of 16 gb)?

thanks a lot

Comment

Yes, GSkill has a variety of sets in the 1600/4x4GB range

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...Id=1&name=1.5V

There's a CL7 set, a couple CL8 and the bulk are CL9 (lower CL = higher performance and ability to OC)

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X