M5a88v-evo + f3-14900cl9d-8gbsr + fx-4100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M5a88v-evo + f3-14900cl9d-8gbsr + fx-4100

I recently purchased 4 sticks of 4GB Sniper memory (1866mhz) and installed it into my computer (m5a88v-evo, fx-4100). Initially it worked very slowly and was coming up as 1600mhz in windows, but after about 5 minutes it crashed and I got the Blue Screen. I checked the memory with the windows memory checker and it came up as 16gb in windows so I don't think there is a problem with the sticks. I put back in the old ram (2 sticks of corsair 4GB 1600mhz) and my computer worked fine the whole day. I tried putting in the new sniper memory again and this time I tried manually setting the values in the Bios, but I am very inexperienced with attempting to overclock or manually changing things in the Bios. I am pretty sure I put the values in right, but still it ran slow and gave me the Blue Screen. I don't know what to do with the memory at this point. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

With four sticks it's a whole new ball game, will need to manually enter the timings, will prob need and extra + 0.05 or a little more on the DRAM voltage, CPU/NB voltage will prob need to go up 0.10, CR at 2T or 2N or check what your voltages listed above currently are, install the sticks and if your BIOS has DOCP or the like, enable it and select the proper freq profile and give it a whirl, still may need to raise the voltages mentioned above....

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I tried that and after a few minutes the computer gave me the blue screen and said Driver_IRQL_Not_less_than_or_equal. (My computer had the D.O.C.P. and to be clear there's a field that says CPU/NB offset + so i put in .1, was that the correct field?) I'll try again later , but which voltage should I raise if I try again? Both?

Comment

Take a look at the advanced timings and Post those up

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

CPU Overclocking: D.O.C.P. [DDR3-1866Mhz] (Profile info: 1864MHZ-9-9-9-24)
          Cpu ratio: 15.5
          CPU/HT Reference clock: 233
          DRAM FREQUENCY: 1864

DRAM cas# Latency: 9
          RAS# to CAS# Delay: 10
          RAS# PRE Time: 9
          RAS# ACT Time: 28
          DRAM READ to PRE Time: Auto (6)
          DRAM Row Cycle Time: Auto (39)
          DRAM Write Recovery Time: Auto (12)
          DRAM RAS# to RAS# Delay: Auto (5)
          dram read to write delay: Auto (7)
          DRAM WRITE to Read Delay(DD): Auto (2)
          DRAM WRITE to Read Delay(SD): Auto (6)
          DRAM WRITE to WRITE TIMING: Auto (4)
          DRAM READ to READ Timing: Auto (4)
          DRAM REF Cycle Time: Auto (160)
          DRAM Refresh Rate: Auto (7.8)
          DRAM Command Rate: Auto (2T)

CPU & NB Voltage Mode [Offset]
          " " Auto (1.350V)
          " " Sign [+]
          " " Offset Voltage 1.250 [0.012500]

DRAM Voltage 1.550

The RAM is rated as 9-10-9-28 1866MHZ 1.5V

Comment

Leave it under DOCP then manually try setting DRAM REF Cycle Time: 176, DRAM READ to PRE Time 7, DRAM READ to WRITE delay 8, DRAM WRITE to Read Delay 8, If you can setthe CPU/NB to manual , try at 1.32. If no joy there may have to drop to 1600....the FX CPUs are rated UP TO 1866 AT 1 DIMM PER CHANNEL, you may have a 4100 that just can't run a full set of 1866

Tman

Comment

Really? Aww that sucks, I have an fx-4100. I guess 1600mhz won't be too bad and at least it's still 16GB of RAM. Would I at least be able to have it with better timings? The old ram I had was 10-10-10-28. Would I even be able to notice an increase in performance?

Comment

I tried using D.O.C.P. 1600Mhz with 1.55V and 9-10-9-28 and it seems to be working fine does now. So there is no way to get 1866mhz with a 4100 or any FX processor because I may eventually get a Vishera structure one with a much CPU speed and possibly a 6 core. (I like to play games on my computer, do you thing going from 4 to 6 cores would make a big difference with that?)

Comment

AT 1600 I'd try 8-9-9-27 w/ stock voltage...here's the 'official' DRAM guide for CPUs and DRAM from AMD (I say 'official' because they have it buried in their site):

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...encyguide.aspx

Tman

Comment

After 5 minutes of normal performance I got the blue screen and it says SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Comment

That last message was about trying it the other way, I just saw your post i'll try it now.

Comment

Should I leave CPU/NB at 1.32 Manual or put it back to offset auto?

Comment

After a few minutes with the new settings I got the blue screen DRIVER_IRQL_NOTlESS_OR_EQUAL

Comment

Try taking it to 1.34 manually

Tman

Comment

Blue Screened at the password screen

Comment

Working...
                              X