Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sabertooth X79 and F3-12800CL9Q2-32GBZL

All,

I am getting ready to click the check out button on buying parts for my new rig.
    I am looking at the ASUS Sabertooth X79 with an Intel I7-3820 CPU, and G.Skill Memory (F3-12800CL9Q2-32GBZL).

I will be adding a Samsung 840 SSD drive, and a Nvidia GTX 660Ti (3GB RAM) video card.
    I play the hell out of Skyrim with quite a few mods (Want to add the Skyrim HD 2K textures)

I also re-encode HD video from time to time from my son's Sony HD camera, and I stream DNLA video to my blue-ray player using Mezmo (I have a HDD for the video, not on the SSD).

Now on to the question at hand.
    Will the listed RAM work with the Sabertooth X79 MB?
    I read a lot of posts. From what Tradesman has stated, all Z series memory will work with the X79 platform.
    I most likely will not overclock the system, just to keep it stable (work on servers all day, and I like the up-time).
    Any thoughts? Oh, and a CPU cooler for the Proc? I have not looked into those yet, so advice there would be great. I have a full size Alienware tower (old Star Wars case), so space is not an issue (see what I did there?????)

Thanks in advance,

Terry
    Last edited by Blue_dragon_192; 12-20-2012, 11:48 AM. Reason: Spelling errors.

Should be fine with that set. On the other items, if going up to a 250 SSD, if you really want speed, might consider 2 120's (about the same price) and throw them into RAID 0....huge speed increase over the already big increase of just going to an SSD. For a cooler, very reasonable and very good is the COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO (and at the moment a good price $30 (normally about $38 and has a $5 rebate available), I've used about 40+ of these. For the 3GB 660 TI, I love the Gigabyte that's clocked at 1032, a great cooling system, the Galaxy (1006) is also a good choice with better than norm cooling, have used 3

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks Tradesman.
      Sorry I did not reply sooner, but I was in Disney.

Comment

No problem, how was Mickey?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Mickey was awesome.
          They do such an incredible light show.....we had a great time.

Comment

TMan,

Will that COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO have issues with all 8 DIMM slots loaded with the RAM I spec'd in the subject?

This seems to be my next issue. Space for the cooler and all 8 RAM slots filled.
            I was thinking about doing the Corsair H80, liquid cooler, but I heard that's an issue as well.

Any thoughts would be great.

Terry

Comment

Nice thing about the CM EVO, is the fan (or fans, it comes with an extra set of mounts if you want to do a push/pull set up) is/are adjustable. On my Z77 I just raise it a bit and hae a 32GB set of Trident/2400 that sits under it

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X