Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripjaws Z & ASRock Fatal1ty Z68

Hello,

I own an ASRock Fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen3 motherboard and I currently have an Intel i7 2600K processor. I bought 32GB of Ripjaws Z RAM (F3-2133C11Q-32GZL), but I cannot get it to work at any other speed besides 1333mhz. Well that isn't entirely true, I could downclock it to 1066.

If I use either XMP profile or if I change settings manually then my system will not post and I get an 55 error with Dr. Debug.

I used to have some Corsair ram (2 sticks) and I was able to run those at 1866. I tried them in both sets of slots and they worked, so I am assuming the motherboard is ok. I know that my motherboard isn't on the list for that RAM, but is that my problem or is it something else?

What should I do?

Also, I apologize if this has come up before, but I searched and could not find anything.

Thank you in advance,
    Matt

No problem, first make sure you have the latest BIOS, then try with XMP enabled and select profile 1...not sure if it will work as their BIOSs on the Z68 are behind in setting up 8GB stick sets, so, if no go, post your DRAM timings under XMP (both base and advanced/secondary timings) and your system voltages and we should be able to get you running

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      No problem, first make sure you have the latest BIOS, then try with XMP enabled and select profile 1...not sure if it will work as their BIOSs on the Z68 are behind in setting up 8GB stick sets, so, if no go, post your DRAM timings under XMP (both base and advanced/secondary timings) and your system voltages and we should be able to get you running
      Time for an update:

My bios is version 2.20, which is the latest. I set the dram voltage to 1.65V and the other voltage (I can't think of the name) to 1.16. I set my timings to 11 11 11 11 31 and I set the speed to 1600mhz. It still would not post.

I think one or more of the chips may have a problem, but I don't have time to mess with it. I RMA'd that ram and installed 4 8gb Trident X (F3-2133C9Q-32GTX) sticks and everything is fine now. I guess I should have just spent the extra $20 in the first place.

Oh well. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Sorry we didn't get the other going, but if the Tridents are good, glad to hear it, have fun!

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X