• Show
Clear All

• P7P55D LE + Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 won't boot

First, sorry my english, not my first language :P

My components:

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 16GB 2x8GB CL10
    Motherboard: Asus P7P55D LE
    CPU: i5 650 3.20Ghz

The two 4gb Kingston modules at 1333 that I used until now worked flawlessly.
    If I plug the two G.Skill modules in the slots 1 and 3 the computer completely freezes at the BIOS screen. If I plug only one at the slot 1, the computer reaches the "initiating windows" screen for a second, thend freezes and then restarts. Windows detects some damage, but if I select "repair windows" a blue screen prompts.
    I upgraded the BIOS and it didn't solve the problem
    And yes, all my BIOS settins are at "auto"

Any help?
    Thanks

Believe the LE is only rated to 16GB total - and that being in a 4x4GB config

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Oh sh$%&

Do you know where I can confirm this?

Comment

Just looked it up at Asus, and it does show 16GB max (ran into this with the mobo a short while back), here's the link

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...specifications

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

But where it says it has to be 4 modules of 4 instead of 2 of 8?

Comment

If it supported 8GB modules, it would max at 32GB. Also the LE designation, indicates it is a 'Low End' or 'Light' model, some features of the the base model P%% aren't implemented (like max DRAM, possibly fewer PCI-E pipes, etc)...anyway that's what a Asus tech told me

Tman

Comment

Thanks, very useful info

Comment

Sorry your board won't support 8GB sticks, you would have loved them

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X