F3 2400C10Q16GZH on X79-UD3 rebooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3 2400C10Q16GZH on X79-UD3 rebooting

Hi, I just got my Ripjaws Z F3 2400C10Q 16GZH today, but after installing them and adjusting bios settings , the system just keeps on rebooting over and over again (never comes to the windows 8 logo).

Mobo: Gigabyte X79-UD3
    bios: latest F12l
    cpu: intel i7-3820
    power: 750W
    gpu: 2x ati radeon hd 6900 series (crossfire)

XMP on profile 1
    mem voltage @ 1.65V

What am I doing wrong or is there something not compatible with the memory.

greetings

thx

Rozano

Might want to try them at 2133, both the 3960X and 3970X can have trouble hitting 2400, some 3930Ks can (haven't seen many), but haven't seen any 3820s hit 2400

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thanks for replying, I will try this.

though I find it strange that this important information isn't mentioned on the website or the pc-store or on the package itself.

Comment

So after some tests I found out that 1 of the 4 sticks is giving the rebooting problem.
        When i put in that specific one, the pc won't start.

when I run with the other 3, I can set the frequency up to 1866mhz.
        When I set them to 2133mhz the system stops and starts again in Bios mode.
        I also tried it with Vtt voltage @ 1.25v like it would do in XMP profile 1 mode, but then the systems tries to reboot over and over without getting in to bios and I have to do a "clr cmos".
        Last edited by Rozano; 11-15-2012, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Might post up your BIOS settings, especially the DRAM timings (base and advanced/secondary) as well as your system voltages

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I took some pics from the bios screens. hope this helps.
            Last edited by Rozano; 11-15-2012, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Let's start by taking the CPUVTT up to 1.17 and try

Tman

Comment

No that didn't work.
                I raised the cpuvtt to 1.17v and win 8 was starting up normaly (mem@1866mhz). But when I then raised the memory multiplier to 2133mhz the pc fails again just after leaving bios.

Comment

Try 1.2 on CPUVTT, and raise your OC a notch or two

Tman

Comment

Hi,

First, I would really like to thank you for helping me.
                    second, I went back to the computerstore and let them check out the mem kit.
                    They came to the conclusion that the memory kit was broken, I did not work.
                    So I got my money back (no other memory in store), so I could reorder a new set.

I just order the RipjawsZ F3-19200CL11Q-16GBZHD
                    I hope that this kit will work without any problems.

greets,

Rozano
                    Last edited by Rozano; 11-16-2012, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Glad to hear it worked out, let us know how the new set goes when it comes in

Tman

Comment

Hi,

today I received the RipjawsZ F3-19200CL11Q-16GBZHD memory set.
                        And this time it works.

only a little thing:

first I did a bios-reset to start fresh (previous memory ran at higher voltages)
                        Then I put in the new memory sticks but the system didn't boot.
                        When I put in only 1 stick, the system booted into bios.
                        Changed the settings (xmp profile 1 & voltages) and left bios , placed the other 3 sticks, and then system starts without a problem.

And as you said @2400 the system is not stable with the i7-3820, after a while pc freezes.
                        So I have it running @ 2133mhz now.

Comment

Sounds like a good setup for the 3820, some of them even have problems at 2133, so you have a good one

Tman

Comment

Working...
                          X