• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f3-12800cl9t2-24gbrl and asus formula iii

f3-12800cl9t2-24gbrl
    asus rampage iii formula
    on i7980x

Is there a trick to getting these working?
    I haven't seen any posts saying otherwise but your forum search says the terms iii and x58 are to short or to common

It was running with 6 sticks 12gb @ 1.6 volts

set voltage to 1.5 than shutdown and installed the 24gb kit.

have tried a few things
    clear cmos
    switch bios 1 and 2

old ram works fine

I am about to go try single stick in every slot.

Does anyone remember when ram had to be installed in pairs? not really related but something I just thought about.

Do you have the latest BIOS? I'd make sure that's updated, then install the sticks, boot to BIOS, enable XMp and give it a go. If no joy try with settings manually and may need + 0.05 more in DRAM Voltage and to raise the QPI/VTT voltage

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

The bios is the most recent.

The 24 GB kit will not post and the dram led is activated.

If I use manual voltage settings with old kit than install new kit will the settings hold?

I am wondering if the SPD settings will try to override when the bios sees a module change. I think Asus has some sort of post fail protection.

Comment

What are safe voltages for these kits?
        Will they start to fry at 1.6v?

Since its an old chipset I don't imagine you or Asus have done much testing, but have you seen any issues with the lower voltage or the module size?
        Last edited by jargavet; 10-24-2012, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Wow.

I am dumb.

Who did not fully insert his modules. This guy.

On my board you have to give the lower side close to video card a bit more push.

Dumb dumb dumb

All good now ty all

Comment

Glad all is well, a lot of the time you have to be firm with the sticks, many will reach down and click the clips closed by hand, but I prefer to use pressure and have them close by themselves. As far as 1.6, it's safe, but I wouldn't jump up unless it's needed (I like to keep voltages low)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X