Need Help finding Laptop Ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help finding Laptop Ram

Hello, I purchased a Lenovo T400 laptop in august 2009.

I currently have ValueRAM 4GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SODIMM for Notebooks installed on my laptop. (2x2GB configuration).

I am NOT able to figure out what model my motherboard is on my laptop hence I am having trouble figuring out what I can upgrade to. I ran a "scan tool" over at crucial and they told me I can upgrade to 8GB Kit (4GBx2), 204-pin SODIMM, DDR3 PC3-10600 memory module.

I know Gskill is the best when it comes to RAM so I am trying to find something that will suite my needs (looking for 2x 4GB for total 8GB) and is compatible for my laptop. Any help/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I apologize in advance if I have not provided the correct amount of information here for someone to help me. I am not familiar with RAM and upgrades laptops in general.

Also, if it help, I have an intel T9600 processor.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

I'll drop GSkill Tech a note on your question, I do very little with laptops

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
        I'll drop GSkill Tech a note on your question, I do very little with laptops
        Thank You,

Comment

No problem, laptops are touchy w/ DRAM and seldom allow you to make any adjustments, so I just tend to stay away other than clean up and basic optimization

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I know it is difficult to figure out what you can install on laptops but after a ton of research I have bought G.SKILL 8GB (2 x 4GB) 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Laptop Memory Model F3-10600CL9D-8GBSQ for $39.99

I am almost certain this will work with my laptop and once i get it I will post an update.

Comment

That sounds good, probably what I'd try myself....just hate the idea of a suggestion if I'm not sure, will be looking for your update, fingers crossed

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X