X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evga z68 sli

I need some help getting my system stable using:

F3-17000CL11Q-16GBZL

XMP1 will boot, but it crashes the OS before I can even log in. XMP2 won't post, LED code 22 (memory won't initialize). Setting the memory timing manually (11-11-11-30) bears the same result as XMP1.

I know there are some voltages I can tweak, but I'm not 100% on what I should change to what.

By default, the system runs at 1600mhz using default settings. Haven't tried speeds in between 2133 and 1600, but I will tonight.

Make sure you have the latest BIOS, if that doesn't help try raising the DRAM or MC (memory controller) voltage about + .05)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Def got the latest BIOS, that was the last thing I tried before I got hot and heavy into messin' around again.

Will give the voltage tweaking a shot tonight!

Thanks Tman!

Comment

No problem, let me know, I'll be in and out this evening

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

1867 seems to go fine.

Upped VCCIO (1.05) and DIMM Voltage (1.65) levels, but still not luck at 2133.

Comment

What CPU are you running and is OCed or sitting at stock? 2133 will require an OC

Tman

Comment

i5-2400 (3.1ghz)

Would the 600mhz boost from the easy overclock be sufficient?

Comment

Give it a try, might get you there

Tman

Comment

Wishful thinking sadly...

I'm looking for some references on this processor - maybe you've had experience already?

Comment

No, sorry, I basically just do builds with the K models, could try enabling Turbo Boost and kick it up. Normally w/ 2133 I'll start at about 3.8

Tman

Comment

I've got'er stable at 3.4 and 1867. I'll keep playing around, but I'm thinking I might be limited by the CPU :/

Comment

Think so, wish I could be more specific, but even when I build systems for business use, I'll go with a K, that way they can always add DRAM and kick up the multiplier, increasing the lifespan.

Tman

Comment

Working...
                        X