DCTs - unganged
    DDRII Timings manual

CAS# latency - 5T
    RAS to CAS R/W Delay - 5T
    Row Precharge Time - 5T
    Minimum RAS Active Time - 15T
    1T/2T Command Timing - 2T
    TwTr Command Delay - 3T or 4T
    Trfc0 for DIMM1 - 195ns (tried 127 as well)
    Trfc2 for DIMM2 - 195ns (tried 127 as well)
    Trfc1 for DIMM3 - 127ns
    Trfc3 for DIMM4 - 127ns
    Write Recovery Time - 8T
    Precharge Time - 3T
    Row Cycle Time - 42T
    RAS to RAS Delay - 4T
    lue screen
    Increase DDR2 Voltage to 2.0V (tried 2.1V)
    Northbridge Volt Control to 1.4V
    SouthBridge Volt Control to normal
    CPU NB VID Control to normal (tried 1.25V messed my box up)
    CPU Voltage Control to normal (tried 1.45V but got blck screen of death)

**When i have DDR2 Voltage to 2.1V i get into windows and blue screen... When i do 2.0 it just locks up while its loading windows

Comment

Try overclocking the Northbridge to x11 2200MHz and see if that helps. What CPU are you using?

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition.

With OCZ 550W PSU

Comment

F10A Bios Troubles

Just as a follow up, I have had quite a bit of trouble getting an error-free memory setting @ 1066 with the new F.10A bios.
          I have tried the settings from F9 but they constantly produce errors in memtest86+ and cause BSODs. The only stable setting I can get is: 800Mhz 4-4-4-12 @ 2.0V . I have since reverted back to F9.

In my opinion, unless you plan on using a 6core CPU in the future, is that you may have better luck with the F9 bios, dcataldo.

Comment

I am not using 6 core i am using 4 and i still haven't tried settings above that gskill tech posted I been really busy.

I am using f10 got into windows n then crashed i would say 5 mins of using it.

Also i read some where that memtest was creating errors with 8 gbs of ram bc it cant read that idk if they changed that tho..

Comment

subscribed

Comment

I followed the steps but I keep getting BSOD...tho is boots up to window and desktop right after...Memtest86 is fine...not sure...no BSOD w/ DDR 800 tho...any thoughts?

Comment

be honest idk. People said they had work-arounds and solutions but i could never get it it higher than 800 =(

So i just left it at stock i really had no patience any more on trying to find the right timings and voltages maybe on a boring sunday ill try.

good luck

Comment

8GB can be very difficult. It is best to get the max with CL4 timings, that will be the best performance. Even if you are to force DDR2-1066, it will be very stressful on the CPU, and easily unstable.

I would suggest trying DDR2-850 or DDR2-900 and test for the best you can get with 4-4-4-12 timings. That will be your best performance, even over DDR2-1066.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

• cool i try it out and give some feed back on how it goes

Comment

• Trying to keep my "aging" system alive, have another set of ram on the way.

Can anyone specifically tell me what settings to use for 2 4GB packs?

Is it pretty much lower the memory clock and use 4/4/4/12?

I am no ram/bios guru.

Comment

• Would need to know what CPU, mobo and DRAM you currently have and what you have ordered to have any idea at all how to help,,,,,hopefully it's the same model you currently have and will be using the same timings

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

• Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                            Would need to know what CPU, mobo and DRAM you currently have and what you have ordered to have any idea at all how to help,,,,,hopefully it's the same model you currently have and will be using the same timings
                            Thanks Tradesman, you probably didn't notice, but I posted in the config forum for my specific board and memory.

F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK + GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P

Yes, I have another set of the exact same ram coming.

Also have an Athlon II 965 Black Edition.

I had a ton of problems getting 1066 timings with my first set, and finally gave up and RMA'd it and all was perfect after that so I have been hesitant to get another. I appreciate the help.

FYI, saw this post so that's why I thought I would have to change the timings

http://gskill.us/forum/showpost.php?...2&postcount=99
                            Last edited by arcsum68; 11-28-2011, 03:13 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

• might check you have the latest BIOS, and these are 5-5-5-15 sticks, with the 965, should be able to run at native 1066.....off hand if anything, since it'll be 4 sticks would guess slight rise in DRAM voltage, maybe + .03 or so and/or slight CPU/NB rise

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

• For Fix problems Gskill 8Gb, F2-8500Cl5D-4GBPI + 4GBPI-B, on Gigabyte 790Gx

Motherboard is a GIGABYTE GA-MA790GP-DS4H

Please red this message on forum

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthrea...0654#post50654

Recommendations?
                                Last edited by Filrond; 12-08-2011, 10:21 AM. Reason: Fix Errors

Comment

Working...
                                X