• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with CPU, RAM, BOIS settings?

Hello! Here's the setup I'm having trouble with:

Mobo: ASUS Maximus II Formula
    RAM: F2-6400CL5Q-16GBPQ
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770

This setup simply will not boot. I tinkered with some of the settings in BIOS (Don't really know what I'm doing) and was able to get it to boot to BIOS. But sometimes BIOS will freeze, or it won't boot, really unstable. Here's the kicker though, The system runs A-OK 100% when I pop in my Q9650 CPU.

From the research I've done, it seems like the weird FSB speed of the QX9770 (1600MHz) may be to blame. Also, I have tried 3 or 4 different QX9770s so I know it's not a bad chip problem.

Help? Thanks!

Do you have their latest BIOS 2104? can be found here:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...mula/#download

Also, might start with 1 or 2 sticks, then if you can get into the BIOS make sure the DRAM timings are correct, CR is at 2T, and may want to raise DRAM and NB voltage + .07 to + .1.......see if any of this helps

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hello, thanks for the quick response!

I do have the latest BIOS, but it should be version 2302. That's the latest one that shows up for me on the ASUS website. Recently updated that.

Would there be any other BIOS settings that needed to be changed? Specifically the CPU or RAM freq to get them to match?

Thanks again.

Comment

Also, another quick question. Would there be any difference/advantage in using F2-6400CL6Q-16GBMQ or F2-6400CL5Q-16GBPQ ?

Comment

Sorry bout that, must have scrolled down before looking, my fault....off hand nothing pops to mind, haven't worked with one of these in awhile, and don't think I have with the QXs, I generally topped out with the 9650s.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

CL5 is the best kit available.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Originally posted by espfb200 View Post
            Also, another quick question. Would there be any difference/advantage in using F2-6400CL6Q-16GBMQ or F2-6400CL5Q-16GBPQ ?

Comment

Working...
            X