Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ and Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P V1.6

Model of the motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P V1.6
    Model of the memory: F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ (2 sets for a total of 4 sticks / 8 GB)
    Model of the CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad (Kentsfield) - Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz

I am looking for bios config please. I want to do most stable settings with good performance (VS Overclocking). This is in a machine I use as a server so gaming performance is not an issue.

Right now with default bios settings sometimes at post it will run memory check, other times it will just stop at b/w bios screen right before memory check. Brand new ram (just got this week).

Do you have the latest BIOS, F10? May have to raise th eNB and DRAM voltage since you are mixing 2 sets, what do the BIOS settings look like

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

More...

Hi, I don't see a F10 option for the bios. I'm using the latest which is FFb, but tried FD prior to going to FFb. All settings are set at the optimized defaults.

What should I raise the eNB and DRAM voltage to?

Comment

5-5-5-15 2T 1.9 to 1.95 DRAM Voltage and raise NB Voltage + .06

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
          5-5-5-15 2T 1.9 to 1.95 DRAM Voltage and raise NB Voltage + .06
          I understand the 5-5-5-15 and the 1.9 Dram, but not the 2T or the NB Voltage.

I have the DRAM set at 1.94 (it only does even #'s).

Can you explain the other settings (2T and NB)?

Comment

NB is the North Bridge voltage that controls the MC (Memory controller) might be shown as MCH voltage or something like that, will try and check this PM, CR is Command rate/timings - should be only setting comes up as 1T, 1N, 2T or 2N will want the 2 stting, regardless of N or T designator

Tman

Comment

Hmmm...

Still having a bit of confusion... I'm not finding anything with 2T or 2N...

Also, there are several MCH settings. I took photos but can't see how to attach them to this thread.

Is this just not the right ram for this board? I've seen other posts with exact settings and screenshots of what settings to use. I can switch to different RAM if it will help.

Comment

The sticks are fine, but when you mix sets it can be problematic, i.e. the 2 sets may not want to play together, generally they can be adjusted via the voltage settings or DRAM timings to play, but not always. Can you post your BIOS settings, if you have screen shots you can post them on one of the free photo sharing sites and add the links to your post or simpley type them in

Tman

Comment

Link to photos

Here is a public link to my google drive where the photos are:
                  https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B2...JFelFiS0U/edit

Comment

MCH core 1.2 to 1.22

Tman

Comment

Update

Ok, I've put those settings in... so far so good. System seem stable. Thank you for your assistance.

Comment

Sounds good, keep in touch

Tman

Comment

Well...

I thought it was stable, it is still not... It gets hung on reboot at ram count sometimes.

Help?!

Comment

Let's try moving MCH core to 1.25 (may also want to add + 0.03 to DRAM voltage)

Tman

Comment

Update

Ok, I'll give those a try. I may not report back right away, this machine doesn't get rebooted often, but when it does, it's critical it doesn't hang at the mem test.

Thanks for your assistance once again.

Comment

Working...
                              X