• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ Problems

Hello,
    Model of the motherboard:MCP73M01H1 (Napa)/Foxconn
    Model of the memory: Model F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ
    Model of the CPU: Compaq Presario SR5450F

My problem is that when I try to put in the two sticks of ram into my computer, one of two things will happen, my computer will freeze at the start of the computer(during the install phase and its weird because now every time I turn on my computer the install Bios thing will start up instead of the normal start up screen) or it will go past that and then say BOOTMGR, is corrupt, or sometimes a bluescreen. I can use one ram stick at a time, I can even use one of my old sticks of ram with it too, and it successfully starts up. Previously sometimes it would give me blue screens but that seemed to stop as of now. I swaped the sticks all around from slot 1 to slot 2 and I am pretty sure that is not the cause of this problem, so im not sure what i can be.

Thanks in advance,
    FJTT

Might see if there is a BIOS update available to help, may also want to reload the OS, but may well be the mobo just like the sticks, Compaq/HP and others often locked the BIOS on older systems and had them set so that they used unique timings to get customers to buy DRAM upgrades from them - often did the same with BIOS setuup for HDs.....Can you make any adjustment to the DRAM timings or system voltages in your BIOS

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Might see if there is a BIOS update available to help, may also want to reload the OS, but may well be the mobo just like the sticks, Compaq/HP and others often locked the BIOS on older systems and had them set so that they used unique timings to get customers to buy DRAM upgrades from them - often did the same with BIOS setuup for HDs.....Can you make any adjustment to the DRAM timings or system voltages in your BIOS
      In my BIOS everything is grayed out and I cant find any setting to change anything so i think your right that they probably locked out all of the settings, I checked with CPUID, the timing was 4-4-14 for the memory with 1.8 Voltage. With MEMset, it allowed me to change the timing 5-5-15 but only when the computer is already logged into a user, so its not changed directly on the start up. For a BIO's update I checked, and downloaded it, and that only fixed something with windows 7. Its weird though how one stick works just not both at the same time, I'm not sure what the cause of that could be.

Comment

It sounds like it can auto adjust for 1 stick but not two as it wants tighter timings and possibly a higher tRFC, might see if you can exchange for a CL4 set

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
          It sounds like it can auto adjust for 1 stick but not two as it wants tighter timings and possibly a higher tRFC, might see if you can exchange for a CL4 set
          Thankyou, but what would be the difference if I may ask? What would change if I cannot change the timing or if the timming is not exact what the stick of ram should be?

Comment

With those sticks what you bought was 5-5-5-15 (guess) and the mobo want 4-4-4-12 (basically stock timings for DRAM

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X