G.SKILL F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ Continuous Loud Beeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.SKILL F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ Continuous Loud Beeping

Hi, so I originally had 2 4-gig sticks in my computer when I built it and after a while one of the sticks crapped out and I was stuck using the 1 4-gig stick by itself. It was only providing me with 2 gigs of ram by itself, (I'm not sure if that's normal but I figure if something is wrong with my Mobo, or CPU it's worth mentioning.)

After a few months of that I bought the memory labeled in the title off of newegg, 2 2-gig sticks. Today when I got it in the mail and after installing it my computer just started to beep repeatedly until I cut the power to the power supply. I'm unable to even reach the bios screen, and the OS boot beyond that.

Things I've tried already:
    -Re-seating the memory
    -Made sure my mother board was compatible (It is)
    -Testing it with 1 of the sticks only
    -Reinserting my old memory (the old memory still works)
    -I even tried some bios settings that people (with a similar problem) were told to change.

None of the above attempts to fix my problem have worked, so now I'm too the point where I think either the memory is bad or if something is wrong with my mother board, or what.

Motherboard: DFI LANPARTY DK X38-T2R LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard
    RAM: G.SKILL F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6750 @2.66GHz 2.67GHz
    Powersupply: OCZ Fatal1ty 550W Modular Gaming Power Supply
    Graphics Card: XFX HD-567X-ZNL3 Radeon HD 5670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP
    Last edited by Dreager_Ex; 06-27-2012, 05:22 PM. Reason: Additional Details

Try resetting the CMOS with the new sticks in.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

With the new memory, as soon as I boot up the machine the beeping starts and my computer locks up before I can do anything. With that said I did a hard reset (taking out the battery, waiting 5min and putting it back in) and it didn't solve the problem. It did successfully reset my settings but it still continued to lock up and beep continuously with the new memory in it.

Comment

Well, if it won't boot can't even run Memtest, can you try the sticks in another system, perhaps a friend/coworker

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yeah, my brother is going to let me use his computer tomorrow to give them a test. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Other Thoughts: Make sure you have a stick of DRAM whose voltage is low enough (1.85V) to boot.
            A guy wrote this in his review of my motherboard, could this be what is causing my computer to not boot up with the new RAM installed? I mean the RAM says 1.8-1.9 volts but maybe both of them? I don't know.

Comment

Could be DFI has had some odd things in the BIOS, with two sticks it may well take 1.9, but would think it should boot with 1

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                Could be DFI has had some odd things in the BIOS, with two sticks it may well take 1.9, but would think it should boot with 1
                Yeah that is true. Anyway, I tried it out in my brothers Comp today and they ran like a champ so I think my motherboard and/or processor is to blame, either way I was going to replace both eventually anyway, but I guess this sort of forces me to do it earlier than I planned.

Comment

Sorry bout that Let us know what you get

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X