Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI-B and EVGA 750i SLI FTW Settings

Team,

I have had an issue for the last 3 weeks that (last night) just dawned on me might be a memory issue.

I have the 750i SLI FTW board, with (4) 2GB sticks of G-Skill F2-8500CL5D. I was previously running (2) 2GB sticks of Corsair ram, and the system was stable. I'm also running the Q9550 Quad Core processor OC'ed to 3 ghz.

I did not touch the memory timings when I switched from the Corsair to the G-Skill, because it was already set to 5-5-5-15.

However, ever since I went to the 8 GB of G-Skill, I have had random game crashes and blue screens. Diablo 3 and WoW just won't run for any length of time. When I ran the microsoft memory test, it consistently failed the Stride6 tests every time, but passed everything else.

Something tells me one of the (many) BIOS memory setting is off for this RAM. This MB should be able to run all 8 sticks at 1066 per pair no problem. Like I said, it boots and run like mad, but just isn't stable.

Doing some searching, I saw where the G-Skill tech mentioned this:

please try to set it unlinked at DDR2 1066 and timing 5-5-5-15 2T
    and also add the memory voltage to 2.1v, CPU VTT voltage 1.4v
    thanks

and this:

(8) GB: Same settings as above, but you may need to increase tRFC to 195ns and tRC into the 30 range.

If possible, could you please tell me what (all of the main memory) settings should be set to in the BIOS? 1066 is the max memory speed for this MB.

I very much appreciate all of your help,

Dreammage

What you found should pretty much do it, might want to add just a touch of voltage to the CPU (vCore voltage) maybe + .075 or so, and a bit the the MC (memory controller) Voltage, think it's the NB Voltage on your board but may be MCH or something like that

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Tradesman,

Thanks for the response. I will try those settings when I get home.

Question... G-Skill Tech posted the below in response to Asus motherboards running this ram. Do these settings apply to other boards as well? (Like my EVGA board)

This seems to be a common combination that people have trouble running at DDR2 1066, so I have decided to create a sticky for it.

The memory should be installed in the yellow slots, slot 1 and slot 2.

In BIOS, make sure Memory Frequency is set to [x5.33] 1066 that is of course if your CPU frequency is 200. Then set DCTs Mode to [Unganged]. Next for DDR2 Timing, set to [Manual] and enter these values:

CAS# latency - 5T
      RAS to CAS R/W Delay - 5T
      Row Precharge Time - 5T
      Minimum RAS Active Time - 15T
      1T/2T Command Timing - 2T
      TwTr Command Delay - 4T
      Trfc0 for DIMM1 - 127ns
      Trfc2 for DIMM2 - 127ns
      Write Recovery Time - 8T
      Precharge Time - 3T
      Row Cycle Time - 24T (May need to increase up to 42T if unstable)
      RAS to RAS Delay - 4T

Increase DDR2 Voltage to +0.300V
      Northbridge Volt Control +0.1V (+0.3V for 8GB, 4 sticks)
      CPU NB VID Control +0.025V

After these settings your computer should be running smoothly.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Thanks,

Dreammage

Comment

Can give them a try, timings look fairly common (read good) for 1066 sticks, voltages you may have to play with in small increments, I haven't really worked with many EVGA mobos in the last few years so am not as up to speed as with Asus, GB ASR, etc

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Tradesman,

Well, after much frustration and searching, I finally found (what I believe to be) the answer.

The EVGA 750i SLI board will *only* run dual 2GB dimms at 1066mhz. If you bump up to 8GB (so four 2GB chips), it will only run at 800mhz. It only supports 1066 up to 4GB.

I did play with it and bump it up to right at 1Ghz, and the Stride6 memory errors disappeared.

I'll test tonight with playing D3 for a while and make sure I don't get anymore access errors.

Thanks,

Dreammage

Comment

Keep us informed

Tman

Comment

Well, I ran for about 2 hours last night without a crash or blue screen. The computer seems to like running the memory at 1Ghz (and not 1066). It's hard to believe that kind of speed change makes that much of a stability difference.

But as long as my computer is happy, I'm happy

Thanks,

Dreammage

Comment

Gald you're happy, keep in touch

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X