Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gskill 8800 5-5-5-15 1.8v temp problem

Hi all,

recently i bought these rams for my p5q-e i have updated it to the latest bios . Also i have adjust settings to let them run @ 1100 5-5-5-15 with 1.8 vram now my problem its that they just heat too much and get my pc crash always . now my question is WHY is possible that ? i have also a haf932 case .. is this normal ?

What's the actual model of the sticks? DRAM shouldn't be running hot enough to bother anything?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

the model is [ P I ] F2-8800CL5D-4GBPI (2Gx2) ( http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=165 ) i dunno rly why they get so hot when i play or i do something that need some ram...

Comment

no one can tell me why this issue ?

Comment

Can you post your BIOS settings and what temp are they getting? We need some info to work with if we're going to try and help

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Did you manually input settings in BIOS?

Make sure you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

as i said in the 1st post the settings are rigth and i have the latest bios for my motherboard and i have also reinstalled it... so why they heat so much?

Comment

Comment

no one can reply me about this problem i need to go emea so

Comment

DO you have an actual temperature? They could be getting hot from the CPU if not cooled enough or set up correctly, you could have bad airflow in the box. The mobo and/or the PSU may be feeding to much voltage.....need some info to work with....whats the temp of the sticks, the cpu and the mobo?

Tman

Comment

the airflow of the case is good (its a cooler master haf932) temp of the cpu its max 56 c? and also the temp of the mobo its 35 c? the sticks get very hot and not for the psu(its a corsair 750w) , to solve the problem i bought a cooler for the sticks so i solved the problem but this isn't normal in non-overclock situation

Comment

Well glad it's solved, and no sticks getting extremely hot isn't normal but have no idea what they were at, if a fan or something has cooled them down then there was probably heat settling in that area, since generally a DRAM fan normally only actually cools sticks a very few degrees, so sounds like it's getting the air to circulate around the immediate area, might have been heat off the NB

Tman

Comment

maybe could be the air that circulate in the area around the rams but i had never had this problem... maybe now i'm playing at certains games that needs more ram usage so i get this error

Comment

Possibly, regardless, glad it's OK now

Tman

Comment

Working...
                            X