Memory for Toshiba Satellite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory for Toshiba Satellite

I'm working on my neighbors laptop because it was super slow. It's a lot better since I did a fresh install of Windows XP, but it's still a little sluggish. I think it might be because it only has 1GB of RAM. Actually it reports that 896MB of RAM are installed, but I'm not even sure how that's possible, seems like an odd number. It will accept 2 x 1GB DDR2 modules, which is what I want to upgrade to. Here are the specs:

Toshiba Satellite L35-S1054
    Intel Celeron M @ 1.46Ghz
    ATI Radeon 200M series

I just updated the BIOS to the latest version, 3.10. However, there were no notes about upgrading memory compatibility, which is what I'm worried about. It accepts PC2-4200, but it seems no one makes that any more. I was going to suggest this to my neighbors: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231116

Since memory speeds are backwards compatible I figured it wouldn't matter, but I noticed in the reviews that a lot of people had compatibility issues, so I wanted to ask here first.

Thanks
    Last edited by X-ray; 04-07-2012, 11:22 AM.

Prob be best to wait till Monday and have GSkill Tech take a look, I'll drop him a line (as far as the odd number showing, most laptops allocate some of the DRAM to the GPU, looks like 128 is going there)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Alright, thanks Tradesman.

Comment

No problem

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Can't be completely certain, but that kit would be your best shot.

If you have problems, make sure you have the latest BIOS.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X