Mix two type of memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mix two type of memory

Hello, I have these modules installed on my pc F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI-B, but I wonder if I can add these F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK. I have seen that share latencies 5-5-5-15 and this voltage: 2.0v-2.1v, but I would if I could have a problem. Thanks for the help.

I've mixed these in the past on P45 mobo, you will want the latest BIOS and prob will have to add a bit of voltage to the NB (since it's 4 sticks) unless the BIOS is up to snuff, don't know what mobo you have

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

My motherboard is a GIGABYTE GA-EP35C-DS3R (Rev. 2.1)

Comment

Prob need the full 2.1 and maybe up to 2.16 on the DRAM voltage and still need to up the NB as that is what runs the MC (memory controller)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I also have a question on this topic.
          Currently I have F2-8800CL5D-4GBPI. I'm wanting to add another 4GB pair but all I can find in stores is F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI-B.
          I'm currently running my RAM at 1133MHz 5-5-5-15-68-2T timings as shown in cpu-z.
          Will the 1066MHz set listed above be able to keep up or should I keep looking for an identical set to what I already have?

Comment

I'd either keep looking or may have to drop freq, maybe even down to 1066, if they'll even work together

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X