• Show
Clear All

• BSOD with gskill memory upgrade..

my specifications...

Intel D975XBX mother board
    Intel Pentium D950 3.4GHz processor
    GSkill F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B (DDR2-800 PC2-6400 2GBx2) CL4-4-4-12 1.8V-1.9V
    Windows 7 x64

My problem...pruchased new memory of 8GB to upgrade my system, after installation of new memory i get random BSOD, sometimes after only a few min of turning on other time it might be up to 30 min. I have removed 2 of the 4 sticks and everyting seems to be ok for now. I have the latest BIOS update and also set the memory timing to match the new memory sticks. Have tried to adjust the MCH Voltage override in the BIOS but still same problem.

Any help would be GREAT!!!!!

Thanks,
    mccdhash

Try raising DRAM voltage .07 from stock, after that will want to experiment with NB (Memory Controller) voltage

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I just check the voltage options in my BIOS and this is what i have...

Memory Voltage: Auto, 2.2, 2.1, 1.9, 1.8

MCH Voltage override: Default, 1.725, 1.650, 1.600, 1.525

FSB Voltage override: Default, 1.395, 1.333, 1.271

I dont have any options to raise the voltage 0.07???

mccdhash

Comment

Memory 1.9 and then try 2.0 if needed, MCH start at 1.6 and then up if needed a bit

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Raised the DRAM voltage to 2.1 and decreased the 667MHz...that seemed to help the most. Tried to up the MCH voltage to 1.6 but my computer would not even boot before I got the BSOD. Will try the DRAM voltage of 1.9 (per gskill specs on memory) and see if it will stay stable...may have been just the incorrect memory speed all along.

mccdhash

Comment

Let me know what happens

Tman

Comment

Well...no go on being stable...It worked fine for several hours, then powered down for the night, then it would not boot the next day. Had to revome two sticks of memory before it would boot again. Very flustrating!!!!!

what next?

mccdhash

Comment

Try DDR2-667 4-4-4-12 1.90V

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Tried that...no joy...running on 2 sticks right now...can 3 sticks be run safely? Or must you have all slots used?

mccdhash

Comment

You can use 3.

Make sure each kit is installed in the same color slots.

Do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard?

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Are the kits number in sequential numbers? Just want to make sue that i don't have them mixed up. The barcodes are 0511, 0512, 0513, 0514...

yes i have the latest BIOS update... BX97510J.86A.1487.2007.0902.1724

Comment

In my BIOS, it shows the memory SPD as 5-4-4-14. Is this recomended?

mccdhash

Comment

Yes, so 11 and 12 should be one color slots, 13 and 14 in the other color.

Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Well still no go with the second kit of memory...I have tried everything that i can think of...will probably have to get an RMA to send it back...

mccdhash

Comment

Working...
                            X