F2-8500cl5d-4gbtd + phenom x4 9650 + asrock K10N78M Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500cl5d-4gbtd + phenom x4 9650 + asrock K10N78M Pro

I got a gskill trident 4gb ddr2-1066 from my friend. I tried to set it up on my K10N78M Pro mobo w/ a phenom x4 9650 but when i turn it on nothing shows on the screen. What i did then is placed back my 2gb kingston ddr2-800,went into bios and set frequency to 1066 and the timing to cl5-5-5-15 and mem voltage to 1.8,save the bios setting,turn off the pc then place the gkill trident back to the mobo but it's still the same- the power will turn on but it seems like it doesnt boot up,monitor just stays on no signal.does it mean that the trident is defective,or is it something to do w/ the bios settings? Help Please

Will want to make sure you have the latest BIOS, and may need to check with ASRock, believe they had some problems w/ 4GB sticks, not sure if it was ever fixed, can find the BIOS here:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.as...M%20Pro&o=BIOS

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

so this doesn't mean that the memory is defective?

Comment

Can you guys recommend a brand of mobo am2+ thats compatible w/ the gskill trident

Comment

Did you try one module at a time to see if one may be bad causing problems?

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

yup already tried that, also tried to update my bios which ended up messing up the mobo altogether (pc completely froze during 10% of the process).so now i'm looking for a brand of am2+ mobo that's compatible w/ this stick

Comment

I worked on a ASRock A785GM-LE bout 3 months ago that was running a pair of the 4GB Tridents 8GB total

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X