Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5 : L2-8800CL5D-4GPI (x2) : Won't work with 8g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear it, GSkill looks out for their customers

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

New ram crashed at 8 gig

Hi, the new ram I got RMA'd worked for a couple of weeks, I went away for 3 weeks, came back, switched the PC on, and about 1 min of browsing, and the monitors just went dead, as happened with the last ram. I took 4 gigs out, and the monitors started working again.

This whole scenario is starting to happen again as before. Surely there must be a solution to get solid stable & safe operation with all 8 gigs...

I need this PC to work and be reliable. It always comes down to this ram...

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? Did you input memory settings in BIOS?

This memory is above standard, so manual settings are necessary.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

I have no idea what the memory settings would be for this ram with regards to my motherboard. Yes, I have updated to the latest bios update available for this mb.

Can you let me know what the exact settings are?

I just put the ram back in, and its working again, but am concerned it may fail at a critical time, so I need to get it set right so that it is rock solid...,

Comment

May want to raise DRAM voltage .05 and for the timings, think you mentioned an UPGRADED set, what set did they send?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

The memory settings are always on the memory and packaging.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
              X