F2-8500cl5d-4gbpk bsod!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500cl5d-4gbpk bsod!

Hello all, I am a newcomer to the forum and was hoping that I could get some help with an issue I've been having since installing two F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK of RAM to my computer. The issue is that at random, my computer will give me a BSOD and power off. The only thing that I have done differently since this started happening is update my BIOS so that the RAM would work at all in my computer. I say at random because I can be working on a large 3D model in Revit, playing a video game, or my computer can just simply be on doing nothing and I will notice that it has restarted due to a BSOD. I'm sure there are some adjustments I can make in BIOS to fix this, however, I do not know of them. My specs are as follows:

-Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R (rev. 2.0) running latest BIOS F12
    -2 F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK for a total of 8Gigs of RAM
    -Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz
    -Win 7 x64

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

You have the latest BIOS then? If so that's good, with two sets you'll want the base timings per spec, 5-5-5-15, ensure CR (Command Rate) at 2T, DRAM voltage 2.1 to 2.15 to start and not sure what your NB Voltage is at but will prob have to go up + .05 to start. If this in itself doesn't straighten things out, get back to us and pls provide your current BIOS settings. The thing here is running two different sets, which even with the same model can be problematic, there's no guarantee in mixing sets, but they can normally play together with voltage adjustments.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Tman,

Thanks for the speedy reply! I followed your advice to the t, except for my NB voltage which I could only raise in increments of .1. After I changed these settings, I ran Prime95, it logged a fatal error after 40 minutes, and then continued to run for a total of 3 hours before getting a BSOD. Also, which settings in BIOS would you like me to post?

Comment

For 4 sticks, @ 2.10V, NB Voltage will need to be around 1.30V-1.40V

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X