Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B in my ASUS P5W DH

Hi everybody,

I have bought a G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2-800 F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B kit of memories.

My OS is Windows XP-32 SP2.

My mobo is an ASUS P5WDH Deluxe running a E6600 2.4GHz overclocked at 3.0GHz.

The memories are recognized by the computer during POST, but after POST the system can not start up the operating system. It crashes in the screen with letters "Windows" in big characters, and with the Windows logo, the one in which 3 blue cilinders goes from left to right maybe 20 times before the login screen. The system crashes too while trying to start it in safe mode. I have tried several configurations in the BIOS, but the result is always the same, the operating system crashes in the same screen while starting up.

I would be grateful if you can help me to arrange this issue.

Thanks you in advance.

Another test I have done

I update the thread with another test I've just done.

I have tried with only one DRAM module.

With the first module (lets say A) the system could not even post when located in slots A1 and A2. The system coud post, with some crashes during it sometimes, when the module A was located in slots B1 and B2, but after the post, when it looked it went to start up the OS, re-booted and starting a new post.

With the second module (lets say B) the system has been able to start the OS located in slot A1. I have not try to locate it in another slots.

Hope this information could be of your interest in order to try to help me arranging this issue with my new G.Skill memories.

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? Did you set the timings manually or are they on auto? Have you tried running Memtest on each stick individually?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

BIOS: Yes, I have the latest stable BIOS published by Asus for this mobo, that is 3001. BIOS 3002 is in beta state yet.

Timings: I have set the timings manually. These are the settings I have now, with one of the modules (Module B of my second post in this thread) located in slot A1:
        1) Advanced -> Jumper Free Configuration
        AI Overclocking -> Manual
        CPU Frequency -> 334
        DRAM Frequency -> DDR2-835MHz
        Performance Mode -> Auto
        PCI Express Frequency -> Auto
        PCI Clock Syncronization Mode -> Auto
        Memory Voltage -> 1.9v
        CPU VCORE Voltage -> Auto
        FSB Termination Voltage -> Auto
        MCH Chipset Voltage -> 1.55v
        ICH Chipset Voltage -> Auto
        Digital Home Mode -> Disabled

2) Advanced -> Chipset
        Configure DRAM Timing by SPD -> Disabled
        DRAM CAS Latency -> 4
        DRAM RAS Precharge -> 4
        DRAM RAS to CAS Delay -> 4
        DRAM RAS Activate to Precharge -> 12
        DRAM Write Recovery Time -> 5
        DRAM ECC Mode -> Disabled
        Hyper Path 3 -> Auto
        DRAM Throttling threshold -> Auto
        Memory REMAP Feature -> Disabled
        Boot Graphic Adapter Priority -> PCI Express / PCI
        PEG Buffer Length -> Auto
        Link Latency -> Auto
        PEG Root Control -> Auto
        PEG Link Mode -> Auto
        Slot Power -> Auto

I have passed OCCT tests to the computer with this settings and the results has been OK.

Memtest: I tried to pass memtest yesterday night, but with both sticks located in the mobo. I have said tried because memtest crashed. The first attempt crashed at 55% of the test and in the second, and final, attempt crashed at 4% of the test.

Now i am thinking in locating the other stick (Module A), the bad one, in slot B1 and see if it is able to work as "his brother" ... I am crossing my fingers ...

Thanks a lot for your help.

Comment

Just to say I have changed the kit this afternoon in my distributor's shop for another kit of the same model, and the new one is working fine in my computer.

So, issue solved and thread closed.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Glad to hear all is well.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X