Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gskill 2 GB PC 6400 memory defective

Alrighty...
    I bought DDR2 2 GB 1x2 from New Egg in March 13th of this year. PC2-6400. I was surprised by the performance of this ram and I co uldnt believe the price. I was happy, but now i know that you really get what you pay for. I have learned this lesson and I will go back to buying the higher quality OCZ ram that i usually buy. Anyway

I need to know how i can solve this whole mess. One of the sticks dont work. When i put both sticks in (Computer doesnt POST)(no VIDEO). When i put the working stick in alone computer posts and works. So one of the two sticks is defective. Newegg RMA policy is only 90 days and its been more than that so.. since G Skill offers "lifetime" warrantly on their products i need to know when i send you the memory for "repair" "replacement" whatever.

Do i need to send BOTH sticks or just the defective one. (Because i will have a non working computer if i send you BOTH sticks) << i need to know this.

What about the original packing and the small manual / paper that came with it. Do i need to send that too? (if i can find it)

Thank You

ok um..0

a little update

Turns out the problem is with the Dual Channel functionality in the memory sticks. When i put the memory sticks in dual channel they dont work. I put the memory sticks in single channel and now computer is posting with 2 GB of memory...

This is reallly weird since the "BAD" stick was not working when i put it just by itself.. now it is.. This doesnt make any sense at all.

Anywayz..

Now the problem is that the memory doesnt work in DUAL CHANNEL MODE. (computer doesnt post) >> but it does in single channel mode.. hmm weird

Help plz

Comment

please tell us which motherboard you used
      and if you want to RMA with us, we'll recommend you to send back both sticks to avoid some matching problems
      thanks

G.S

Comment

Working...
      X