Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tradesman
    replied
    Might also kick up tRFC to 54-58, if you're wanting to run at 1066, which it appears, they are offering a slower RAM 6400=800RAM

Leave a comment:

• EnJoY
    replied
    Try setting DRAM voltage to 1.95v and TRFC to 54.

Leave a comment:

• G.SKILL
    replied
    ldouble_e,

would you like to test each set separately to check if one set is defective or it's compatible issue with 4 sticks?
    try to set DRAM Volt - 1.90v,NB Volt - 1.40v to see if it helps
    if it still can't work wuth 4 sticks, please send back to us, we'll replace you with one set of F2-6400CL5Q-8GBPQ, which is tested with 4 sticks together
    thanks

G.S

Leave a comment:

• ldouble_e
    started a topic Computer freezing after start up F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ

Computer freezing after start up F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ

I have a computer I built myself. It was running fine for almost six months until recently. I had one GSkill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK and one F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK installed and it ran great. Then after a while I would try to go on my computer and find it frozen. Restart, ran great. Then a couple of weeks ago it started freezing within a few minutes after start up. I did some troubleshooting and discovered that my ASUS P5Q mobo didn't list the 4GB sticks at all and the 2GB sticks were only listed as supported in a dual channel single module configuration. So I yanked out the 4GB and ran only the 2GB which ran without issue. I ordered new ram that was listed on the QVL as being supported in dual channel multiple module. The new ram is two F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ for a total of 8GB 4 sticks CL5-5-5-15 1.8~1.9V. As soon as I installed this ram and booted the system I got the same problem of a frozen system within minutes after start up. I did a bunch of reading on these forums and did some troubleshooting on my own. Nothing was working until I set my FSB Freq to 200MHz and my DRAM freq to 800MHz. I also bumped my DRAM volts to 1.90 and upped the NB volts to 1.26. The system ran great for two days. Today I return home to a frozen computer. When I restart the Bios message says I'm running 8xxxMB at DDR2 453MHz. I enter Bios and my DRAM freq had changed from what I set it to 800MHz to 453 or somewhere in there. I tried to change it back to 800 but my options where 833MHz or 770MHz until I adjusted the FSB freq to 400MHz. Then I had all the options back to go up to 1330 but they were off by one number 1331, 801 etc. I changed bios to FSB 400 and DRAm to 801 and it still froze. I now have it all set back to auto and I'm running in safe mode with networking which doesn't freeze. Could someone help me out here please. I'm trying to solve this but no luck so far. Here is what my Timing and freqs are set at with everything in auto which causes the freezing as well.

FSB 333
    PCIe 100
    FSB strap to NB auto
    tCL - 5CL
    tRCD - 5
    tRP - 5
    tRAS - 15
    tRRD - 3
    tRFC - 52
    tWR - 6
    tRTP - 3

CPU Volt - Auto
    CPU PLL Volt - Auto
    FSB Termination volt - Auto
    DRAM Volt - Auto
    NB Volt - Auto
    SB Volt - Auto
    PCIe SATA Volt - Auto
    load line cal - auto
    cpu spread spectrum - auto
    PCIE spread spectrum - Auto

System:
    MOBO - ASUS P5Q with P45 chipset
    CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz with 45nm
    Gskill F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ CL5-5-5-15 1.8~1.9V (x2)
    PSU - StarTech ATX 12V 2.01 550Watts
    GPU - Nividia GeForce 9600GT 512Mb 256bit
    HDD - Western Digital 600GB 7200RPM SATA
    CD/DVD ROMs (x2)
    Card Reader

Bios Version 2.61 revision 0506

Any help is appreciated greatly!
Working...
X